Opinions on KM ribbon bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on KM ribbon bar

Is this Kriegsmarine related ribbon bar?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

thoughts?

Regards

Carl

I might be wrong but I think the ribbons are out of order!

Comment

Originally posted by Laurence Strong
      I might be wrong but I think the ribbons are out of order!
      The ribbons are very much out of order... This is a parts bar, and not even a good one at that. There's no way that this could be reasonably chalked up to a period mistake.

--Chris

Comment

To the best of my knowledge the ribbons are in order:

Bulgarian War Medal 1914/18, Cross of Honour 1914/18 w/ Swords, EK2 1914/18, KVK2 w/ Swords, Hungarian War Medal 1914/18.

I only mentioned the swoprds on the two medals I know are available with swords. I don't think the EK was ever worn with swords, and I dont know enough about the other two to say!! Hope this helps

Comment

Thanks guys! So its "build" together of parts?

Regards

Carl

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Ellingstad
            Thanks guys! So its "build" together of parts?

Regards

Carl
            Hi Carl

I would think so, I mean what are the odds of all the medals on one particular bar having swords, I might be wrong but I think the correct order would be:

EK2, KVK2,Cross of Honour, then the two foregin medals. I'm sure someone will come on later and tell us the proper order.

Comment

Hi Carl

I would think so, I mean what are the odds of all the medals on one particular bar having swords, I might be wrong but I think the correct order would be:

EK2, KVK2,Cross of Honour, then the two foregin medals. I'm sure someone will come on later and tell us the proper order.
              I can't remember what the order of the foreign WWI commemoratives is supposed to be (my reference materials are fourty miles away right now), but Laurence is correct about the order.

There are some Prussian decorations that have ribbons that look like an EK with a crossed-swords device, but I believe the EK would have to be awarded first in all of those cases. They were all prestigious high-level awards.

Comment

Ok I've done a little homework. It's terrible when you have to much time on your hands>>>>The EK looking one could be the Hindenberg Cross or the House of Hohenzolleren Medal, but even if iit was it should have a crown with it. The other two are WW1 commemerative medals and I just saw a photo of the Hungarian one with crossed swords. But I still can't fiqure out the odds of 5 medals w/ % swords.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Laurence Strong; 08-10-2004, 02:44 PM.

Comment

I found a photo of both the Hungarian and Bulgarian medals w/ swords, but as foreign awards they should be last in line
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ok I think this is the Prussian Crown Order 4th Class on combatants ribbon w/ Swords for a colonial campaign.....
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ok I think this is the Prussian Crown Order 4th Class on combatants ribbon w/ Swords for a colonial campaign.....
                      There was also a version of the Prussian Red Eagle order that would appear in a similar fashion on a ribbon bar. The Hohenzollern House Order did appear at times without the crown, especially before WWI. However, as I understand it, the odds of any of those appearing without an EK along side them is slim to none (if not outright impossible).

Check out this thread:
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=59417
                      The screwed up order has pretty well damned this ribbon bar in my mind.

--Chris

Comment

Im totally confused So the Iron cross ribbon is not EK and the ribbons must been put in place by a blind one?

Comment

Im totally confused So the Iron cross ribbon is not EK and the ribbons must been put in place by a blind one?

Dont feel bad, my head was spining so bad after that reaserch I had to lay down It appears that someone took a bunch of ribbons and placed the on the bar, in no specific order. IMHO

Comment

The swords may or may not be original to the ribbon (someone may have just stuck a set in there because they thought it looked "cool"), but it looks like the ribbon bar was assembled out of spare parts by someone who didn't really know what they were doing.

Comment

this is most defanitly a parts bar there is no way the Bulgarische Weltkriegs medal would be first plus the kvk medal sould be at least secand if not 1st, whaty could have happened is that the bar was either taken apart at one stage and then but back together in the wrong order or the more likely one is that it is a parts bar im afraid! id give it the also id say the ek ribbion has had the swords added so that all the ribbions have swords!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X