Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Imperial Medal Bar ID, Bitte!

Hello, All -

Would someone wiser than me please tell me what the missing medal would be on this bar - I know the "Pro Deo..." Horthy medal is on the wrong ribbon, so I am looking for the identity of the blue and white ribbon's medal...

Thank you!

Don
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DonC; 07-30-2004, 08:42 AM.

Hi Don,

The missing medal is a Bavarian long service medal for EM/NCO, see the ribbon in the middle (white, blue). The Big medal in the middle, a Hungarian WWI commemorative medal often worn by German WWI war veterans, should be worn on the 3rd from left ribbon on this bar. Since medals are easely switchable due to the practical but simple (mostly used by EM/NCOs) medal bar system with hooks on the reverse, it is possible that the Bavarian LS medal was lost and the Hungarian commemorative medal wrongly placed in the middle.

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

Thanks, Claudio!

If anyone can post a scan of the missing medal, I would appreciate it - I will have to hunt one down...

Don

Comment

Like the Prussians, the Bavarians had SIX crosses and medals that could be worn on that ribbon...

so it comes down to what you'd like to put on there-- an IX, a XII etc etc.

There are scans in the Imperial Forum that will come up on a search for "Bavarian long service"

Comment

Muchas Gracias, SeƱor Rick!

Don

Comment

Don,

Another thing... the front (obverse) of the Hungarian WWI commemorative medal is the side where the Hungarian coats of arm is shown and the reverse (back) is where there is the script "pro deo et patria" which literally means for god and country.

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X