Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MEMEL non tilted G

Hi Guys

Is it only the Memel medallie with the tilted "G" that is original? Or does this have a chance also?

Regards Henrik
    Attached Files

There are authentic Memel's with the non tilted G.

I don't think this is one of them.

Let's see what other's have to say.

Wayne

Comment

From what I can tell, the one pictured has thicker letters than the non tilted G version. Also, the numbers are quite different. Lastly, the faces should be almost non descript, this one seems to have defined facial features.

Oh, I think the weight of the good non tilted G version was around 16 grams (a search of the threads about this should confirm this).

As for the one pictured, I would pass on it.
      Collecting minis and KVKs

Comment

Does the ribbon glow under a black light?

Is the medal magnetic?

Wayne

Comment

It is a contemporary copy. Should look more closely to the "G" letter.

Comment

Very nice medal made by Otto Schickle I believe. This one is shown in his sales catalogue with one less link in the chain on the obverse.

Stan

Comment

Thanks .-) I see what you mean with the chain.Here is one from a medalbar I have.

Henrik
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is the page from Schickle's 1940's sales catalogue showing this medal with the upright letter "G" courtesy of Karsten S.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                  Very nice medal made by Otto Schickle I believe. This one is shown in his sales catalogue with one less link in the chain on the obverse.

Stan
                  Stan, just curious, but are you thinking that this medal is good? I see a few differences with the one pictured in the catalogue you posted. Most notibly the numbers are totally different.
                  Collecting minis and KVKs

Comment

Hi Andy,

Yes, I am sure that this medal is good and don't forget that the Schickle catalogue shown does not use photos but drawings of the medals.

I used to own one just like it which I bought 30 years ago and only sold last year when I upgraded it with another one which came as part of a group with docs.

Here is my old medal bought in 1976:

Stan
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post

Stan
                      Stan. On picture here below you can see the few obvious difference from Henrik Memel to the Memel on catalouge. I can´t say for sure if Henrik´s Memel is oroginal or not. I´m not even sure if schickle catalog drawing is accurate enough com pair to this Memel in question.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by hlynur76; 03-10-2012, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X