No announcement yet.

Memel Medals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This medal came from my wifes grandfathers sister in Switzerland when he died in '99 along with another. The story is an unbelieveable one that I have told on another thread.

This medal also came in a packet + tissue paper, with the makers name Joseph Felix & Son, also previously shown.

I believe this medal is genuine and I believe there must have been numerous makers of this award thus variations existing.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Reverse

Comment

Rib1

Comment

Rib2

Comment

If you think it's a fake, they used genuine ribbon and certainly knew what they were doing on sewing the ribbon. Perfect in every detail !

Shame about the medal traits

I don't believe this is a fake.

M

Comment

Hello Marcus,

I would really love to see the issue packet for the Memel Medal. Could you please post some pictures of the packet, or provide the link to the previous thread where you showed the packet.
              Thank you & best regards! Tom
              Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Hi Tom,

Sure I'll post it on a seperate thread for you so as not to clog up this medal one of Dez's.

On the medal above, of course I sound adamant to it being genuine.....but I don't know the history of it over the last 60 odd years, day in day out. To my knowledge it never saw the light of day. I can't fathom why it should be fake........but anything is possible !

The forefront guy holding the flag has a 'monkey' face which I don't like and I do take into consideration the other pointers of past.

Dez has brought up some good questions.....where other threads have failed, I hope this one prevails and more person's get involved.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson
                  Reading the other threads I noticed that at one point Detlev posted a fake Memel as "Fake of the Week." So, he knows about that one. Maybe you could ask him what he knows about that particular repro.
                  I will send Detlev an email and ask him to post some comments here, meanwhile here is Detlev's repo of the week from a past thread:

Comment

I received an email back from Detlev, he prefers not to comment on this thread based on pictures, he prefers to have an item in hand to evaluate it as pictures can tell lies. So does anyone else have any comments or information to add here? <O</O

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus. H
                      I believe there must have been numerous makers of this award thus variations existing.
                      Kind regards,
                      Marcus
                      Hello Marcus,
                      I couldn't agree with you more on this point.
                      Best regards! Tom
                      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Memel

Detlev is offering a Memel medal, very cheap, this week. I am unable to dowload and post from where I am now but it looks like the "m" has the very curved legs....Can someone post the photo here for all to see?

Comment

Here is the Memel medal (already sold) from Detlev Niemann's site.
                          Attached Files
                          George

Comment

Memel

Thanks George. So what is this one? Good or bad? I see the same points as already highlighted on "fakes"...I am more confused than ever.

Comment

It has some similarities, but I'm sure it's not the same as the "copy" in Dez's post # 23 above.
                              George

Comment

Looking at the different Memel medals posted, there only seems to be one that can definately be considered fake - the one Detlev posted with this "skinny" letters on the reverse. I would be careful of any medal that seems similar to that one.

While the Memel medal is the rarest of the flower war medals, it seems that it should be the one to be the most careful of - I guess there would be more incentive to produce it as opposed to the more common Austria and Czech medals. However, with so many awarded, there must have been a number of makers producing different styles. I have two Memel medals, both on medal bars that I believe to be 100% legit. I have posted the first medal before - it certainly looks like one of the examples that is considered good (it has the small M in MARZ).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X