Foreign Awards for Generalleutenant Friedrich Mil Sixt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreign Awards for Generalleutenant Friedrich Mil Sixt

I apologize if this is not the correct forum for my question, but I'm looking for information on what (if any) foreign awards Generalleutenant Friedrich Mil Sixt won during WW1 and up to his promotion to Generalmajor on June 1, 1942. I ask because I have Sixt's General Staff Waffenrock with Oberst rank and I'm planning to replicate his parade medal bar.<O</O
    <O</O

Thanks to kaiserwilhelm2, he provided the following information on Sixt:
    <O</O
    Fahnenjunker 3-8-14
    Lnt 24-2-15
    Oberlnt 1-11-23
    Hauptmann 1-7-28
    Major (1933-1934?)
    Oberstlnt 1-8-37
    Oberst 1-2-40
    Gen Maj 1-6-42
    Gen Lnt 1-6-43

Awarded in WWI: EK2, EK1, VWA, Bayrische Mil. Verdienst Orden 4th class with swords

Awarded in TR era: Hindenburg Cross, all 4 WH Dienstauszeichnungen, EK2 Spange, EK 1 Spange, Winterschlacht, German Cross in Gold, KC, KC Oakleaves.

His medal bar on this tunic would have looked like this: WWI EK2 with spange, Bavarian MVO4 w. S., Hindenburg Cross, 2x WH DA prob. 18 and 4. I am not aware of any foreign awards.<O</O

I would be grateful for any information.

Thank you<O</O
    <O
    Mark<O</O

Hello Mark,

He received no foreign decorations during WW1. Here is his listing in the 1924 Reichsheer Rank List. At this time he was an Oberleutnant with a D.O.R. of 1 November 1923 and was assigned to the 5th Battery of the 7th Bavarian Artillery Regiment, stationed in Munich. This shows all of his WW1 decorations: 1914 EK2, 1914 EK1, 1914 Wound Badge in Black, and the Bavarian Military Merit Order 4th Class with Swords. If he had any foreign decorations they would be shown here.

Best regards,
    Tom
    Attached Files
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Tom,

Thank you for the information. I appreciate it very much.

Mark

Comment

Hi Mark,

Here is a photo of Generalleutenant Friedrich Mil Sixt with what I think is a Slovakian bravery award pinned to his chest. It was not mounted to his medal bar.

Kind regards
        Pierce
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you, Pierce.

Mark

Originally posted by luftkreig View Post
          Hi Mark,

Here is a photo of Generalleutenant Friedrich Mil Sixt with what I think is a Slovakian bravery award pinned to his chest. It was not mounted to his medal bar.

Kind regards
          Pierce

Comment

Originally posted by luftkreig View Post
            Hi Mark,

Kind regards
            Pierce
            Hi Pierce,

I think you are entirely correct here. The fact that he is reviewing Slovakian troops would almost imply that he is wearing a Slovakian Medal. He probably would not even wear it but for an occasion such as this. Also, the suspension on this medal is pretty unique looking so I'm sure you are right on with the identification.

Best regards,
            Tom
            Attached Files
            Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

It also looks like he was awarded two U.S. Legion of Merits, sometime in the postwar years.

http://ww2gravestone.com/general/sixt-friedrich-mil

Best regards,
              Tom
              Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X