Opinions on Ostmedaille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on Ostmedaille

Hello, everyone - newbie her. Just started collecting WWII items. Started out with coins, bank notes, stamps, photos and feldposts from the third reich era, and i'm interested in branching out with military decorations.

I came across an auction for an ostmedaille. It went rather cheap so i took a chance, not knowing what one should look after when it comes to fakes.

The auction included the medal + ribbon, the document of who the medal was awarded to, a feldpost envelope supposedly from the soldier who recieved the award and a photo of the soldier.

Sorry for the not so great image quality.

I can't find any inscription on the ring. Another concern is that the ring looks slightly newer or "fresher" than the medal itself.

I made a scan of the document, envelope and the photo.
    My concern with the document, not being an expert or anything, is that the ink from the stamp hasn't left any marks the other side of the paper despite the document being folded (though i don't know for how long it was originally folded).

Front

Back

I'm not an expert but this medal looks casted which can be seen clearly above the helmet and this doesn't give a good feeling about this one. But let's see what experienced collectors say.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X