Question on Romanian Crusade Against Communism Medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Romanian Crusade Against Communism Medal

I have a Fallschirmjaeger ribbon bar, 1957 style, with a ribbon for the Romanian Crusade Against Communism medal. Can anyone help me with which Fallschirmjaeger units may have had personnel who were authorized this medal.

As a side note; is this a common award to find for German soldiers who fought on the Russian front in Romania?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

John

Originally posted by usmedalman View Post
    I have a Fallschirmjaeger ribbon bar, 1957 style, with a ribbon for the Romanian Crusade Against Communism medal. Can anyone help me with which Fallschirmjaeger units may have had personnel who were authorized this medal.

As a side note; is this a common award to find for German soldiers who fought on the Russian front in Romania?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

John

Hi John,

Many Germans received this medal. Do you have a photo of the ribbon bar? Would be great to see it!

Kind regards
    Pierce

Comment

Originally posted by luftkreig View Post
      Hi John,

Many Germans received this medal. Do you have a photo of the ribbon bar? Would be great to see it!

Kind regards
      Pierce
      Close up of the ribbon bar on tunic to LTC Reibold. Tunic is KKB maker from early 1960s.

I would love to know more about this guy.
      Attached Files

Comment

That's a very nice ribbon bar. If you can be certain the ribbon bar is original to the tunic and therefore belonged to Reibold then you should be able to find the right guy and his units by maybe moving this topic to the Individual Research Forum. Hopefully members who frequent there will yield good results for you.

Best of luck,
        Pierce

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X