Ostmedal - Fake ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome.

Hallo Tim,heb je ook de site gevonden?Tot in Sidmar hé.

Comment

Originally posted by andy1230_13
      Hallo Tim,heb je ook de site gevonden?Tot in Sidmar hé.
      Andy, sent you a PM

Comment

This by the looks would have been issued to a 'deceased' soldier.........well it's a theory of mine which I will not elaborate on for now, but some of these written on packets like as above will be for a KIA soldier along with the certifaicate sent to the 'family'. It's just a admin thing no to pay any special heed to it, but I like them like this.

Why ? Alot of KIA have the details or name etc on the packet........theres more to it, but along the lines of this to an extent.

The packet is genuine as is the medal in my opinion, I wouldn't have paid more than $50 dollars buts that's just me and means nothing. I see no reason at all to demand any more money for it, matching or otherwise......again, my personal view point.......because prices and getting rediculous even for the likes of this ! If someone wishes to pay that money.......all the the better for the seller and good luck to you.

I would have kept it. A very nice pair

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Hi Marcus,
          you're totally right;
          I liked this medal too but the reason why I sold it is that I have another one, and I wanted some money for other stuff. So as my other Ostmedal belongs to a grouping of the same soldier (Wehrpass - EK2 - Ostmedal), this one had to go.
          $95 is alot of money for this indeed, but hey, you don't hear me complaining
          Grtz Tim
          Last edited by Tim DC; 09-21-2004, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim_DC
            You were right tyanacek, I got $95 for this in a Belgian auction
            Congratulations Tim!
            Best regards! Tom
            Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Get what what you can for it, somebodies (the buyer) happy my friend.....I didn't mean any criticisim towards you.

Get what you can, an auction is an auction bidders volition.

By all accounts it is a nice packet and a piece of history

Kr

Marcus

If you have any other packets, please always show us........I just love them !!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X