Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Group

Gentlemen

This group has been collecting dust for far too long now so I'm going to send it to the sales table. But first I'd like your comments. It came together from an attic in Dortmund but I have no evidence that they are correct. Does the uniform in the photo match the EK2 document? I can't make out the cypher on his shoulder strap.

All comments are most welcome

Many thanks

James
    Attached Files
    Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
    Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
    Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

Hello James,

That EK2 document does not belong to the guy in the photograph. The wartime document is to an Obergefreiter and the prewar photo is of a Feldwebel. If this stuff was all from the same family in Dortmund, then the document may have belonged to another family member, such as a younger brother, but the document definitely does not belong to the Feldwebel in the photo.

Best regards,
    Tom
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Hello again James,

Forgot to mention that everything pictured here looks completely original. Those medals could very well have belonged to the Feldwebel in the photo, but definitely not the document.

Best regards,
      Tom
      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Thanks Tom, I really appreciate the time you have taken to make these comments.

Cheers

James
        Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges

Comment

a few words about the document.

it's signed by Hans Kreysing, later General der Gebirgstruppen and a swords winner.

An interesting side note is that for some reason GJR 144 produced some of the best snipers in the German armed forces.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hi Simon

That is great information - many thanks. It is heading to the estand now.

Many thanks for your help

James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X