Spanish medal ribbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spanish medal ribbon

I've been asked to open a discussion thread about the ribbon in post # 4 here: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=532940

What do you think?
    George

Just because it is minty does not make it a fake imo. Is the piece uv-negative?

Daniel

Comment

Is it possible to define its originality just by such a picture in thread?

Comment

UV test.
        On the left side - original EK2 ribbon
        Attached Files

Comment

If its glowing its probably bad.
          If a ribbon comes in contact with washing power it can start to glow but this one dosnt seem to have been in a washing machine.

So thumbsdown from me on the ribbon. What about the medal, is that a good one?

Comment

That ribbon is not Deschler..... and UV light of a ribbon is fake.

Here you can see a comparison of these ribbons and medals and doubts assail me ..... have appeared lately in Poland made a few copies of very high quality ..... very difficult without the hand.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=539170

Comment

Originally posted by VonPeter View Post
              If its glowing its probably bad.
              If a ribbon comes in contact with washing power it can start to glow but this one dosnt seem to have been in a washing machine.

So thumbsdown from me on the ribbon. What about the medal, is that a good one?
              Now I have a doubts about the medal also.
              It has a Deshler "1" on its ring but I don't like its surface.
              Is it normal for this maker?
              Attached Files

Comment

1 is effectively Deschler, but ...... porous surface that I do not like ..... and the little relive a bad sign ......

The medal weighs?

Julio.

Comment

A Deschler to compare.

regards
                  Mike
                  Attached Files

Comment

Sorry Komandir, but I´m afraid you´ve got a super nice fake made in Byelorussia in the last months.
                    What a danger for the collectors!!!!!
                    Even in your hands it´s difficult to identify as fake.
                    I´ve watching some of them in the last militaria fair in Madrid the last weekend and I can tell you that only the hardware (smelling is the best to identify the original zink) and this perforated surfance watching with a magnifying glass can help you to prevent being rip-off.
                    Ribbons are well made too, very close to originals found with the marked 1 medals. Use UV to identify.

Comment

I bought the item from our E-Stand and now will turn it back to seller germanmedals:
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=532940

Comment

Have you tested the hardware??? Do it smell properly to be zink? Do the ribbon pass the UV test?
                        Please tell us
                        Do not take my words like a 100% warranty, as to be sure I must have the medal in my hand.

Comment

My second post in this thread shows the ribbon's UV test result I've already did.
                          My opinion - the ribbon is definitly not original.
                          Now we discussed the medal and I haven't seen positiv opinions still.
                          I'll know exactly the weight of item tomorrow.
                          I also not belive to my or somebody's nose:-) but will happy to see pics of another original Deshler medal with same quality of surface.
                          Last edited by Komandir RKKA; 09-13-2011, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Have you asked the paper-guys in the cases and packets forum what they think about the bag?
                            The ansers you get there can also be a clue to the medals authenticity.

If both the ribbon and the bag is bad, then i would assume that the medal is to.
                            If the bag is good however, then the medal might be good too, just with a replacement ribbon.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

I have to post my opinion too. The medal was bought by me 2-3 years ago here on waf estand. Not even then or now nobody commented anything about something not being original - even with 2800 views of the thread. Well the buyer made the UV test on ribbon and it turned out glowing. I never made that test, as nobody warned me when this was first on sale,...well the ribbon is not such a problem as they can be found. About the medal. It is a zink medal for sure, thats why the surface is strange. well also the pictures dont show the exact state of it. It is a nice badge and IMO original.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X