Gielsmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heydrich/Branagh in "Conspiracy" - is his ribbon bar correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heydrich/Branagh in "Conspiracy" - is his ribbon bar correct?

Dear forum members,
    last Friday the movie "Conspiracy" about the Wannsee Conference was shown on German TV. Great movie with great actors, but.....
    here is a picture from the movie: Kenneth Branagh as Heydrich. What do you think of his ribbon bar? Correct?

Regards
    Chris
    Attached Files
    Last edited by webr55; 05-07-2005, 04:17 AM. Reason: pic gone

Hi Chris,

Here's a scan of a original picture of Heidrich.

Ciao,

Claudio
    Attached Files

Comment

Close up of his ribbon bar.

Claudio
      Attached Files

Comment

Here's a picture of Heydrich with two ribbon bars
        Attached Files

Comment

Here's a colored scan of a painting of Heidrich took from the cover of Angolia's book "Cloth Insignia of the SS", wearing just one row of ribbon bars. I suppose the second row was entirely made of foreign orders and decorations.

Claudio
          Attached Files

Comment

...and this is my humble conclusion! What do you think?

I hope I helped you a bit in the right direction...

Ciao,

Claudio
            Attached Files

Comment

(please remove post)

Frank Scheepers
              Last edited by Frank Scheepers; 05-30-2004, 05:50 PM. Reason: made a very stupid mistake

Comment

Thanks, Claudio, for posting the pics. So where does this leave us?
                I think the Branagh ribbon bar is quite ok by movie standards. But - given the fact that my pic is not that good - I see at least the following problems:
                1) The Memel, which Heydrich always wears, seems to be missing.
                2) The NSDAP-DA is clearly yellow, but should be brown.
                3) There is some miniature on the ribbon behind the Prager Burg which shouldn't be there. Looks like NSDAP-DA 25 years.

Still, could have been much worse.

Regards
                Chris

Comment

Chris,

I have seen much much worse on movies. The uniform and the main decorations seems to be really good. The ribbon bar is not correct (50%), only parts of it are good. IMHO if you don't something you shouldn't display it. In a such accurate movie, produced and filmed in Germany, they should have known better. This movie was meant to be a kind of documentary. They could have also portrayed Heydrich without ribbon bar, it would have been better. I mean, not always German generals (Wehrmacht or Waffen-SS) were wearing their ribbon bars.

Ciao,

Claudio

P.S.: a correction for my ribbon bar shown above... the 7th ribbon bar should have two very thin red lines at the sides. The one pictured above is the Rettungsmedaille (Danzig) and not the Danziger Kreuz 2. Klasse.

Comment

Eichmann/Tucci

Here's another one from the same movie: Adolf Eichmann played by Stanley Tucci. This looks like the War Merit Medal (KVM) to me. But is it plausible that an Obersturmbannführer wore such a humble decoration and ONLY this one?

Regards
                    Chris
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by webr55; 05-07-2005, 04:20 AM. Reason: pic gone

Comment

I recently was looking for Reinhard Heydrich's ribbon bar and i found this reproduction ribbon bar image which shows his ribbons up close.
                      This might help(or clarify) others who are also searching for R. Heydrich's ribbon bar information.

Comment

Originally posted by webr55 View Post
                        Here's another one from the same movie: Adolf Eichmann played by Stanley Tucci. This looks like the War Merit Medal (KVM) to me. But is it plausible that an Obersturmbannführer wore such a humble decoration and ONLY this one?

Regards
                        Chris
                        youd think he would have at least a long service medal and or a flower war medal if nothing else!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X