5 piece mini bar on dealers website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 piece mini bar on dealers website

Not sure where to put this as it's a mixture of Third Reich and Imperial, but Jamie Cross has a 5 piece miniature bar which was earlier sold by another internet dealer about a year ago I think. It's exactly the same right down to the damage on the Olympic mini. (item L53)

Isn't that a stange combination of awards? It just stikes me that there must be something wrong with it but can't quite put my finger on what it is.

Under what category is that item listed?

cheers
    Peter

Comment

Sorry , it's in 'Whats New' I think one thing odd about it is why no Cross of Honour 1914/18?

Comment

Picture.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you! It's a pretty group but I still have some doubts about it. Anyone else feel the same?

Comment

Thank you Peter for the PM. I agree with your conclusions. Still, a nice looking group though.

Comment

I would think this would be identifiable if it is legit. A 25year LS but no combat awards? Some court flunkie that went on to serve in some official capacity in government?

I don't find the lack of a hindy strange. You had to apply for it and given the limitted room on this thing it would not have made the cut.

What does bother me is the different sized wire loops used to mount these. If mounted at the same time would they not have used the same wire?
              pseudo-expert

Comment

Don, thanks for the reply. Can I ask, do you (or anyone else for that matter) see anything wrong with the Olympic Cross, as I understand it is not constucted in the correct manner - the rivet heads being absent from the back?

Comment

The "revits" don't apply to the miniture, only the full sz. version. I agree about the differant mounting rings on the two "high ones", also the Bergbau doesn't seem right unless he was in Administration or "Ownership" but the 25 Yr. Serv. then becomes suspect.....possible, though, I believe....

I like the Mini Group/bar and would certianly consider it for a realistic price.....but not "thru the nose" unless I was 100% convinced and wanted it bad!
                  John G.

Comment

This is of course a possible bar, but I do not believe in the combo to 100 %, feels a bit strange.

Most of the minis looks ok, the Olypmpia is tricky as a mini, since there seems to excist several variants, but it looks legit. All the minis looks okay but the one that looks very sloppy is the The Royal House Order of Hohenzollern, lack of detail and sloppy job, does not mean that it is bad, but it makes me wonder.

I like the the Grübenwehr, nice details, looks original.

Comment

To me this is a bizarre combination, with an HOH without swords and Mecklenburg Griffin, but no other Imperial awards? I would expect at least a Crown and Red Eagle to be in there.

Comment

The mine service is a huge tocsin bell- but at the same time, it might just be true-old soldiers ended up in mine administration...very odd/wierd though. Miner awards are relatively unstudied and unknown here -even at the WAF. There have been a couple of articles in the German mags about them-but the only "solid" in-depth stuff i ever saw on the Miners was published by the DDRS' Histrory Verlag.
                        In this game odd means (to me) beware.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
                        X