X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 newest Ribbon bars

..this is how far $40 went today.
    Attached Files

So, you were at the show in Hayward today as well?

--Chris

Comment

On the top bar, shouldn't the Hindenburg Cross come before the Party medals?

Brian

Comment

Brian correct, however some award winners put things out of order. Rick can explain more. It was against regulations, however these sort of things did happen.

Comment

Erich-

I agree, guys mounted their ribbons against regulation all the time. However, I'm always skeptical of bars with party medals as they seem to be more often faked. Technically, the Hindenburg Cross and the War Service Medal should be after the EK and before the party medals.

Can you show an image of the reverse?

Brian

Comment

Now that I have some more caffeine in my system...

You might want to get out a good loupe or magnifying glass and check out the bronze party badges, especially the one on the bigger of the two bars. I'm almost positive that I saw what appeared some silver on the underside, leading me to suspect that it might be a painted silver 15 year device posing as a bronze 10 year.

Comment

I might agree with you after closer examination, however after this closer examination, I saw that both the 10 and 15 year ribbons are neatly sewn toghther a very nice, time consuming detail. None of the other ribbons are sewn together like that. I tend to believe that athough I was sceptical abotu the other ribbon bars at that table, that these two are good.

Check out the backside with Rotes Kreuz uniform material.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is the reverse.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by erichcraciun
                  I might agree with you after closer examination, however after this closer examination, I saw that both the 10 and 15 year ribbons are neatly sewn toghther a very nice, time consuming detail. None of the other ribbons are sewn together like that. I tend to believe that athough I was sceptical abotu the other ribbon bars at that table, that these two are good.

Check out the backside with Rotes Kreuz uniform material.
                  I noticed the stitching too, but didn't have the slightest clue what to make of it. Still don't, to be honest.

--Chris

Comment

...an additional question here about the NSDAP service medals; under what circumstances were these ribbons worn WITHOUT the devices? There are a few bar lots up for sale in Europe without the devices, however they all look like new manufacture to me.

Erich Craciun

Comment

Originally posted by erichcraciun
                      ...an additional question here about the NSDAP service medals; under what circumstances were these ribbons worn WITHOUT the devices? There are a few bar lots up for sale in Europe without the devices, however they all look like new manufacture to me.

Erich Craciun
                      There may have been some discretion on the part of the wearer, but as far as I know, there was no differentiation between the two. I'm no expert in these, but all the ones that I've seen that look authentic and are without the device are just missing a device that once was there.

--Chris

Comment

Warning!!!!

Those bar lots in Germany that you are looking at are all brand new, made from old stock ribbons. The seller puts lots on every month!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Versailles
                          Those bar lots in Germany that you are looking at are all brand new, made from old stock ribbons. The seller puts lots on every month!
                          This same seller?

Comment

Must be the same lot.

On top of the questionable NSDAP LS ribbons, all the spanges look identical.

What are the odds of that??
                            Regards,
                            Chris

Always interested in buying Ribbon Bars or anything Ribbon Bar related!!

Comment

This is actually NOT the grouping I was talking about, however it is unnerving since the materials and fixtures seem to be original.

I also did some interesting research on the NSDAP long service devices and will take some fotos over the weekend.

Erich Craciun

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X