Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spanish Division Medal on Estand?

Hi guys!
    I just listed this Spanish Division Medal on Estand and a member PM'ed me and said the ribbon maybe post-war. I posted it once before and it was deemed war time. But I know less than -0- about these.
    All comments & thoughts appreciated!
    Greg

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=495912

Guys, also I've been asked is it German or Spanish made or ??
    Really appreciate it!
    Greg

Comment

This is the german issue, not the one made in Spain as replacement medal.
      Before talking about the award in itself ... Could you tell us what kind of metal is the medal made please?
      About the ribbon... could that member explain why is he saying this is a post war copy? There is at least two war time german maker for this ribbon and, by these pics, I´d say this one looks quite similar to the work of one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorio Torres View Post
        This is the german issue, not the one made in Spain as replacement medal.
        Before talking about the award in itself ... Could you tell us what kind of metal is the medal made please?
        About the ribbon... could that member explain why is he saying this is a post war copy? There is at least two war time german maker for this ribbon and, by these pics, I´d say this one looks quite similar to the work of one of them.
        Thank you so very much Greg! I had posted this before and it was given many by several members. The fellow just said it maybe a postwar ribbon and I am not an expert and only want to sell authentic items.
        The metal I think maybe zinc or ?? as it is non-metallic but it still retains some of the gold wash, but much of it looks absorbed by the metal.
        Thank you again!
        Greg

Comment

Medal is ok. I´ve just worried cause by the pictures it looks like bronze, but everything is righ if it´s made of zinc
          I´d like to hear something about that suspiction about the ribbon

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorio Torres View Post
            Medal is ok. I´ve just worried cause by the pictures it looks like bronze, but everything is righ if it´s made of zinc
            I´d like to hear something about that suspiction about the ribbon
            Greg, the member who had questions about the band has PM'ed me and is OK with it now.
            Thanks for the help!
            Greg

Comment

Originally posted by aff96 View Post
              Greg, the member who had questions about the band has PM'ed me and is OK with it now.
              Thanks for the help!
              Greg
              Well... I´d like to know the reason of the suspiction. This is a hobby to learn something everyday.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X