MilitariaPlaza

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25 year faithful service award question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25 year faithful service award question?

What is the significance of the Army eagle, I believe its called a cipher?? I could be wrong.

Thanks,
    Sal
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Spagg199th; 02-17-2011, 10:21 AM.

Attached Files

Comment

This eagle device is an attachment for the ribbon of the Armed forces Service Award and has nothing do do with the accompanying cross, which is a Civil Service Honour Award. The correct terminology for the device would be 'Auflage für große Ordenschnalle (Hoheitsadler für Heer und Marine)'

Comment

Originally posted by J C Gray View Post
        This eagle device is an attachment for the ribbon of the Armed forces Service Award and has nothing do do with the accompanying cross, which is a Civil Service Honour Award. The correct terminology for the device would be 'Auflage für große Ordenschnalle (Hoheitsadler für Heer und Marine)'
        So, it has nothing to do with the Faithful Service Medal. Good to know. I purchased the eagle device the other day along with two belt buckles and a BWB. I noticed the eagle device used the same type of ribbon that is on my Faithful service badge and thought maybe it might go with it.

Thanks JC,
        Sal

Comment

Cornflower blue was the generic ribbon colour used for all of the long service awards (Dienstauszeichnungen) ie. Wehrmacht, Civil, Police, SS, RAD & Customs. These medals came with various devices on the ribbon which would show the grade and service which was being represented and depending on the regulations, would be in either metal or embroidery.
          The exception to this was the NSDAP Service Award which came in 3 grades, each having it's own distinctive ribbon.
          I'm not sure that your eagle device actually belongs on that ribbon bar; for a start, it is mounted sideways on an Imperial style ribbon.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X