Medal Bar - Cross of Honor WOS & NSDAP 10 Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal Bar - Cross of Honor WOS & NSDAP 10 Year

I had posted this some time ago but did not get many responses, so I thought I would try again. Looking for some input as to whether the bar meets war time standards.

This medal bar has the Cross of Honor without Swords and the 10 Year Party Long Service.

The NSDAP medal is a lightweight bronzed aluminum version and the ribbon ring is maker marked with what I think is a 15, but I will have to confirm the number.

I read in Detlev's book that the lighter versions were issued to women, and seeing as the COH is without swords could be possible a woman owned this?

Anyway, all comments on the bar are appreciated and thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

I like this bar and it is completely original, in my opinion. My only suggestion is that if you can carefully tuck the suspension ring of the NSDAP Long Service back under the ribbon, where it belongs, the bar will look nicer. (It should look exactly the way the Cross of Honor looks.) You can see some of the brown-colored, heavy thread that once secured the NSDAP Long Service across the suspension eyelet. Originally, that NSDAP Long Service was mounted a bit higher on the bar, where its bottom cross arm would be inline with the bottom cross arm of the Cross of Honor.

Originally posted by 5ribbonbar View Post
    I read in Detlev's book that the lighter versions were issued to women, and seeing as the COH is without swords could be possible a woman owned this?
    I'm glad that you brought this point up because it could use some discussion: I do not agree with Detlev Niemann's statement that aluminum/cupal versions of these were only for women. He also says the same thing about the aluminum versions of the Luftschutz Medal. There were also aluminum versions of Luftwaffe qualification badges: Were those for women too????? How about RAD Long Service Medals? There was actually a version for men (with a spade head) and a woman's version (without the spade head). Both man's and woman's versions were made from aluminum/cupal. So it is just not logical, in my opinion, to say that women got a lightweight version and men a heavyweight version. In my opinion it is more a matter of early vs. later issues: Earlier issues were in aluminum/cupal (excellent quality) and later issues in heavy zinc (inferior quality).

Best regards,
    Tom
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

I have to say i agree with Tom on every point especially about this variation of the NSDAP medal being a "female version".

Great bar Glen. Looks 100% original to me!

Kind regards
      Pierce

Comment

I also agree with Tom that cupal versions of the NSDAP 10-Yr cross were NOT awarded exclusively to females.

Stan

Comment

That is a lovely example of a NSDAP 10 year

Nick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X