What are this ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are this ?

Hi can someone tell me what are this medals and ribbons (soory for bad English)

What you have there is a ribbon bar to an Austrian who fought in WW1. Lead off is the Hindenburg Cross with swords for a combatant (which you have above it), four Austrian Medals, three for bravery at the front (Signum Laudis, bronze, silver and gold?) 1939 War Service Cross without swords (again, you have it above the ribbon bar) and the 1939 War Merit Medal bringing up the rear (you also have that medal above the bar. Hope this helps!

Comment

Wow Thx

Comment

Glad to help!

The Austrian ribbons can be confusing on a ribbon bar.

Here is one that was pre-hindenburg cross, but made in the German style rather than the Austrian tri-fold.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have doubts about the ribbon bar. It has a few issues that need explained?

1. Why no Karl Truppen Cross?
          2. Why is it mounted out of sequence? The Hindy cross points to post Anschluss so the KVK2 and WMM should be before the Austrian awards.

Can we see the reverse?
          pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
            I have doubts about the ribbon bar. It has a few issues that need explained?

1. Why no Karl Truppen Cross?
            2. Why is it mounted out of sequence? The Hindy cross points to post Anschluss so the KVK2 and WMM should be before the Austrian awards.

Can we see the reverse?

Sure what is wrong with them

Comment

Hi Don !

You are right, I'm also missing the Kaiser-Karl-Truppenkreuz. This man should have it.
              KVK WITHOUT swords and KVK-MEDAL BEHIND the awards for bravery is not a problem to me.

Kind regards,

Peter

Comment

looks like a put together or put back-together.

The KVK and KVM are different size and wear than the Autrian ribbons.

I think the parts and bar are ok just muddled. By whom and for what purpose is lost to us now.

Could of been the vet imporving on the bar or just some dealer putting the bar back together wrong.

Comment

I don't know how to explain in english, This ribbon and medals wos found carefully hidden in chimney ( very close to ww1 battlefield of the Isonzo) , there were also some old ww2 era coins.

Perhaps some local hided this medals because of comunism in Slovenia

Comment

That would expain the odd order and differing parts. If the owner was a Slovien that could explain why no Karl Truppen as well
                    Last edited by byterock; 07-01-2010, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X