WW2Treasures

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A good example of age faking a ribbon bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good example of age faking a ribbon bar?

Went with a friend to a militaria show on Sunday and found this little guy.

Looks impressive ! I find it odd that there would be no Cross of Honor present.

The bar itself seems to be made of brass though it is quite twisty.

It does have nice consistent aging on the front. Not sure of the ciphers for I am not all that familiar with some of them.

I did use a UV light on the ribbons and neither they or the stiching glowed at all...of course modern made pieces are made with original pieces.

Anyway, it was fun to find this piece and it looks cool if little else.

Let me know what you think.
    Attached Files

Fake

A fake ribbon bar made in Cincinnati, Ohio would be my guess.

Best regards,
    Tom
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Here is a good article to read about ribbon bars. Towards the bottom of the page there is some good information that will help with detecting fake ribbon bars. This article was written by Rick Lundström. When it comes to ribbon bars and medal bars, there is no one more knowledgeable and helpful in the hobby than Rick.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/rela...d_bad_ugly.htm

Best regards,
      Tom
      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

You're Good !

I pretty much knew when I saw it that it had to be a fake. Plus I picked it up for next to nothing...another sign it must be a reproduction.

I wanted to post a photo of it to show how if you did not know better like someone first getting into the hobby, that these things can look authentic.

I may have known it was a fake but Thomas you even can guess where it is made ! That is too funny.

Will sell it off on the Bazaar section sometime soon.

Comment

The back of this bar certainly looks like one of Paul Peters' creations. Paul has made up ribbon bars for a great many years, using original and repro parts. And he has sold the bars as put togethers at reasonable prices, not trying to fool anyone.

If this is one of his, it must be an early effort as the EK2 Spange looks quite good, unlike the later bars where the EK2 Spanges feature eagles with noticeably shrunken heads.

Comment

for me its the "aging" and the stitching on the back followed by the set up!!!still bad though!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X