Ribbon Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribbon Bar

I bought this from a friend and really did not give it much thought and then I think I spotted a few flaws, but I need comfirmation I am right, and the first one being the odds of getting a ribbon bar with this grouping of awards.
    I could use some help with this bar. I just want to explain why it is bad and I have no ribbon bar reference books.
    Thanks
    Jack
    Attached Files

ribbon Bar

I know I will endf up lookiong like an idiot, but it is hard to figure all of this out and this is a tough combination.
    I thank those who are of real help on this forum.
    Jack
    Attached Files

Comment

To start, the catch and the Blood Order/Feldhernhalle mini are signs that it is bad.

Comment

I would say Classic 'Ohio Parts' bar

I bet you can bend the catch with your fingernail
        Last edited by byterock; 03-10-2010, 08:49 AM.

Comment

This one is not so tough to figure it out

Comment

There are several ways to tell this bar is not right.

The most obvious, and as Brian already pointed out, is the Blood Order/Feldhernhalle mini. The blood order was never, and I mean NEVER, worn on a ribbon bar, and did not have a mini of any kind! The ribbon itself was worn through the right breast pocket button hole.

I would also be highly suspect of the spange as well, it just dosen't look right.

Then there is the actual awards on this bar. Even taking the Blood Order out of the equation, you have Iron Cross 2nd class (both 1914 & 1939), a Wurttemberg military Merit (of the highest grade -Usually staff officiers), WW1 service, 1936 olympics, Service in Spain 1936-39, yet only 4 years Heer Long service. Huh?

Then the construction on the back, (i.e pin & catch assembly, stitching along edges of felt backing), all reek of "Ohio Parts Bars", as already pointed out.
            Although there are other makers of bars like this, generally they are all refered to as "Ohio Parts Bars".

I think this is a case of the old addage "if it's to good to be true, it probably is."
            Regards,
            Chris

Always interested in buying Ribbon Bars or anything Ribbon Bar related!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X