WW2Treasures

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

please help with west wall, russia campaign medal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please help with west wall, russia campaign medal.

I was just wondering if they are good or bad.
    thank you
    regards Rajko
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello , Your medals are 100% original and their ribbons are also original. Both medals are made from zinc while the West Wall medal have some bronze plating gone.

Comment

Originally posted by redjames2004 View Post
            Hello , Your medals are 100% original and their ribbons are also original. Both medals are made from zinc while the West Wall medal have some bronze plating gone.
            thank you sir, what would be the value of this medals?
            regards Rajko

Comment

I paid $40 for my Russian Front(aka Frozen Meat) medal. I paid for my West Wall medal with bronze plating intact for $20. Both medals are bought at local shows. But I am not really sure about their actual selling value. Russian Front medals usually sell for between $40 - $50 depending on their condition. West wall medals sell for $20- $40 depending on their condition. You can also check the e-Stand for values for both medals.

Comment

I paid $40 for my Russian Front(aka Frozen Meat) medal. I paid for my West Wall medal with bronze plating intact for $20. Both medals are bought at local shows. But I am not really sure about their actual selling value. Russian Front medals usually sell for between $40 - $50 depending on their condition. West wall medals sell for $20- $40 depending on their condition. You can also check the e-Stand for values for both medals.
                thank you sir
                regards Rajko

Comment

I think the west wall ribbon is post-war medals are fine as you say though.

Comment

Ribbon looks ok to me
                    Iam Uncle Sam
                    That’s who Iam
                    Been hiding out
                    In a rock and roll band

Comment

I dont know much on the ribbons but the medals are original. I dont have much experience on ribbons. Thanks!

Comment

OK what is going on here? I know for a fact that no one can tell if these are original by looking at these crappy pictures. Why is everyone give a thumbs up on these. More pictures are needed to confirm originality.

Kenneth

Comment

Burn test the loose thread on it, the fakes are usually very stiff. The only thing fishy is there are no loops on the edge stitch and it is uniformly a bit straight.

But the fakes never usually catch that glossy glare which can be seen on the pic.
                          Iam Uncle Sam
                          That’s who Iam
                          Been hiding out
                          In a rock and roll band

Comment

Originally posted by kenneth wolfe View Post
                            OK what is going on here? I know for a fact that no one can tell if these are original by looking at these crappy pictures. Why is everyone give a thumbs up on these. More pictures are needed to confirm originality.

Kenneth
                            I can, theres nothing wrong with these.

D
                            Iam Uncle Sam
                            That’s who Iam
                            Been hiding out
                            In a rock and roll band

Comment

Originally posted by münster View Post
                              Burn test the loose thread on it, the fakes are usually very stiff. The only thing fishy is there are no loops on the edge stitch and it is uniformly a bit straight.

But the fakes never usually catch that glossy glare which can be seen on the pic.
                              It's because of no loops at the end that I am saying it is post-war.
                              I am under the impression that pre-45 ribbons were not made this way.
                              The ribbon on the ost medal is what I understand to be original ribbon look

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X