Ribbon bar, worth of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribbon bar, worth of?

photos here. What is on bar, ek ii class, kvk, hindeburgs cross and next two ?
    what about price ?
    http://img145.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=img0638m.jpg

It is upside down in your photo. May we see the back?
    The bar says:

iron cross 2nd class (1914)
    Mecklenburg Schwerin war cross
    Hamburg war cross
    Hindenburg cross with swords (combat vet WW1)
    KVK NO swords (civilian in WW2).

Comment

Have you a picture of the reverse? The KVK2 should be after the EK2 ribbon....not at the very end.

Pierce

Comment

Thanks guy, here are photos of reverse.
        If any interest I am willing to sell this ribbon bar. (need money for africa medal)

http://img264.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=img0680y.jpg

It must be an original. Purchased from famous collector in Eastern Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Ischak View Post
          Thanks guy, here are photos of reverse.
          If any interest I am willing to sell this ribbon bar. (need money for africa medal)

http://img264.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=img0680y.jpg

It must be an original. Purchased from famous collector in Eastern Europe.
          Someone has been messing with the tabs on the back...look at the massive scrape on the reverse!!

Just because purchased from a "famous collector" doesnot make it an original.

Pierce

Comment

Originally posted by luftkreig View Post
            Someone has been messing with the tabs on the back...look at the massive scrape on the reverse!!

Just because purchased from a "famous collector" doesnot make it an original.

Pierce
            nope reverse is without problem. Check my answer in post :- )
            I am sorry for bad photos.. (iphone fail)

Comment

Can't tell anything with these photos.
              pseudo-expert

Comment

i dont like the set up on this! a kvk would never be put on the end like that! personally judging from the photo i reckon its been messed with and would pass on on it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by paddywhack View Post
                  i dont like the set up on this! a kvk would never be put on the end like that! personally judging from the photo i reckon its been messed with and would pass on on it!!!
                  since anyone can move ribbons on bar it seems no problem for me.

Comment

well iv many ribbon bars and you can see if they have messed with and i reckon from these pics that the tabs have been moved and that would mean as such this is a messed with ribbon bar if not a made up bar!

Comment

Originally posted by paddywhack View Post
                      Depends- it was a common error to put "noncombat" or civillian awards AFTER combat awards. There were even editorial debates in newspapers during the TR about this (yeah-they cared THAT much about "ordnung" and medals).
                      There are LOTs of contemporary TR photos showing this error.

The image shack photos of the back aren't exactly crisp and sharp. The back looks pristine.

No offense, but the only "famous collectors" I'd trust blindly on this one from would be the Ricks or the Gordons.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X