Guess the maker of this frozen meat order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess the maker of this frozen meat order

Lets see if anyone can tell who made this one. I know the maker, so ill post it after a little while (mark)....these are tough to attribute.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Alright ....lets see if anyone knows.....

Comment

OK...................HERE it is............

Comment

Looks like 25 Arbeitsgemeinschaft fur heresbedarf in der Graveur-u Ziseleurinnung

Comment

Is that the maker?9no sprecken) I have understood that the russian fronts are less often found with makers marks. Would that mean the marked ones are earlier, or is that not significant at all, and might just be what manufacturers choose whether to mark or not to mark em. If anyone wants to add any shots of their marked russian fronts ,post them here. Maybe we need to do a thread on numbers found on this frozen meat order to see if we can log them all..I know how much the collectors here enjoy finding differences that identify makers by their different manufactured charachteristics .

Comment

Without a ring number one might as well throw darts at a board of makers to come up with the correct maker. These medals are so non descript. The only thing I've come to understand is that some makers produced far better medals than others concering the finish.

As for a list of known makers I've yet to find one that is offically known as a period listing. Here on the WAF the issue has been brought several times trying to compile a list of makers residing within the membership. It might be good to start a new one here as the last one was a few years back.

So here is what I have in my collection of Ostfronts.
                  Numbers 1-3-4-5-6-7-10-11-13-14-15-18-19-20-25-30-39-45-51-55-60-61-63-65-71-73-76-77-80-85-88-92-93-100-107-108-110 and 127. I also have the follow two L numbered medals, L15 and L58. BTW, I am ALWAYS looking for L numbered examples other than the above two.

In case you can't tell I love these little guys. I honestly think they are the best designed of all the TR awards. Love 'em!

Chet

Chet
                  Zinc stinks!

Comment

Thanks chet, very good on the numbers, as i didnt know there were so many logged already. The one i have seems to have a thinner ring, but would have to mic it , and the medals thickness seems slightly thinner also. I got that one the other day for 30. Couldnt resist a marked RF so cheap. The top of the boss where the ring goes thru looks smaller a bit also. Thanks for the help, Anybody else have any not listed .???

Comment

Originally posted by Chet Sowersby View Post
                      Without a ring number one might as well throw darts at a board of makers to come up with the correct maker. These medals are so non descript. The only thing I've come to understand is that some makers produced far better medals than others concering the finish.

As for a list of known makers I've yet to find one that is offically known as a period listing. Here on the WAF the issue has been brought several times trying to compile a list of makers residing within the membership. It might be good to start a new one here as the last one was a few years back.

Numbers 1-3-4-5-6-7-10-11-13-14-15-18-19-20-25-30-39-45-51-55-60-61-63-65-71-73-76-77-80-85-88-92-93-100-107-108-110 and 127. I also have the follow two L numbered medals, L15 and L58. BTW, I am ALWAYS looking for L numbered examples other than the above two.

In case you can't tell I love these little guys. I honestly think they are the best designed of all the TR awards. Love 'em!

Chet

Hi Chet,

You can add Juncker to list also, mate. I'll have to look at all my packets to see what others I have that are missing also.

KR

Marcus

Comment

i only have a few myself, but theres one or two evil looking eagles out there

Comment

Hi Marcus,
                          I realize that Juncker is a known maker. I just listed the numbers that I have in my collection. I've been looking for a Juncker example and would VERY much like to find one. Perhaps you have one that you would to part with?

Chet
                          Zinc stinks!

Comment

Hi Marcus,
                            I realize that Juncker is a known maker. I just listed the numbers that I have in my collection. I've been looking for a Juncker example and would VERY much like to find one. Perhaps you have one that you would to part with?

Chet

Arrh, I'm with you now. No, I only have the damn packet.

I've been after one myself since 2003/4 to no avail. But, if I was ever to find two, I'll buy them and you can have one with my blessing.

KR

Marcus

Comment

Chet
                              Hi Chet,

I love your passion mate! Good on you...they are a nice decoration!
                              Cheers, Steve
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------
                              "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X