Order Of The German Eagle Medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Of The German Eagle Medal

My eyes aren't what they use to be and I would like opinions on the authenticity of this Order of the German Eagle Medal of Merit in Silver.
    Attached Files

Reverse.
    Attached Files

Comment

Markings On Rim.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is an example, that was sold by Detlef Niemann a while ago. Although the D in "Deutsche" looks a bit strange, the rest of the medal is IMO ok.

I hope, i could help.

best wishes and a happy new year,
        Gerd
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bill....I think your piece is a good example Vienna (I believe at the government mint there) made example....I have never seen fakes that were made from the correct dies on these, but have seen die struck pieces made from what appear to be freshly cut dies as the lettering and details are off on these...on all of the real ones I have seen the bottom of the eagles wings just "fade into" the backround of the medal, John

Comment

Originally posted by Gerd
            Here is an example, that was sold by Detlef Niemann a while ago. Although the D in "Deutsche" looks a bit strange, the rest of the medal is IMO ok.

I hope, i could help.

best wishes and a happy new year,
            Gerd
            HI Gerd, I believe the example you posted is a wartime zinc based example that was made by a different maker (and probably maker numbered on the ring) than the one that Bill posted...both look good, John

Some years back a "bucket" of these walked into a US gun show and that is why there are so many around with these pieces often selling for a fraction of the book price, but I think once they get absorbed into the market the prices may rise to decent levels.

Comment

Gentlemen, thanks for your opinions and comments. I thought it looked O. K., but it has been a few years since I owned one.

Comment

Originally posted by militarybuyer
                HI Gerd, I believe the example you posted is a wartime zinc based example that was made by a different maker (and probably maker numbered on the ring) than the one that Bill posted...both look good, John

Some years back a "bucket" of these walked into a US gun show and that is why there are so many around with these pieces often selling for a fraction of the book price, but I think once they get absorbed into the market the prices may rise to decent levels.
                Hi John,

unfortunately i don´t know much about this medals. But i havn´t seen fakes of them until now. Did you saw some?

Gerd

Comment

Originally posted by Gerd
                  Hi John,

unfortunately i don´t know much about this medals. But i havn´t seen fakes of them until now. Did you saw some?

Gerd
                  Hi Gerd:

I did see some fakes. They were die struck but made from different dies than the originals..ie if you look close the lettering, eagles and details are different.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X