What is this plaque?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this plaque?

This plaque came along with some old tinnies I purchased years ago and to this day I still have no idea what it represents.Appreciate any help!
    Attached Files

Well, just as a guess, it could be some kind of a WW1 memorial plaque. "Denke Dran", means something like "Think on it", or "Think about it".
    I don't think it is "Remember It", because "remember" is "Erinnere". Unless it is a 1957 item the lack of an eagle and a swaztika kind of makes me think WW1. We'll see what others think. Cheers, Chris B.

Comment

Idiomatically, "denke dran" can also mean "never forget".

Comment

Flanders

In Flanders we say "Denk er aan", in my village it sounds like Denk Dr'aan.
        And it looks a lot to that German "Denk Dran"...
        Junior.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Danner
          Idiomatically, "denke dran" can also mean "never forget".
          Exactly. I am quite sure, in this case it is meant as "Remember it". Something other would just make no sense.

Comment

You could be right. In German a memorial is a Denkmal. Cheers, Chris B.

Comment

Although very simple in form, I think both helmet and bayonet look more like the WWII type than the WWI type. This and the lack of a swastika and the "Remember it" or "Never forget" make me think of a post 1945 (veteran) item.

Cheers, Frank
              Cheers, Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X