Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on a ribbon bar EK spange?

Any thoughts on this spange?

Doesn’t look good to me, poor details, could well have been cast from an original and it has not been finished off very well. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

Comment

Originally posted by Dez H
      Doesn’t look good to me, poor details, could well have been cast from an original and it has not been finished off very well.
      After having posted that question, I went back and looked through some of the seller's previous auctions. They were using the same pic for multiple versions of items that were supposedly authentic vet bring-backs.. Not a good sign.

Thanks,
      --Chris

Comment

Have a look at the device gallery in Rick's excellent ribbon bar article:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/ribbons/index.htm

Can we see the rest of the ribbon bar?

Comment

That's a perfectly good looking plated "zinky" sort of base metal Spange. The base metal is what's made the finish so icky looking. It isn't wear, it's age and finish "evaporation."

I have to agree-- using one picture as "representing" multiple items is NOT a good sign.

THIS Spange is fine... but then what are you ACTUALLY bidding on?

Comment

Originally posted by Dez H
            Have a look at the device gallery in Rick's excellent ribbon bar article:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/ribbons/index.htm

Can we see the rest of the ribbon bar?
            Certainly...

Interestingly enough, this auction got pulled. (As did everything else the seller was selling, only some of which was Third Reich related.)

--Chris

Comment

I think the ribbon bar is original but the spange bar has been added later.

Comment

Hey Dez....

.... I see nothing wrong with the spange. Later, zinc style, with usually poor detail and silver frost. I've had about 60 of these and this one fits the criteria. Not even close in quality and detail to the early, buntmetal, or German Silver ones, but I think it's legit. Now, chances are its added on after the fact?? Always a possibility. I would have expected to see a KVK2wX in that group....

Comment

Here is one of my bars with an EKII device.

Cheers, Ade.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Reverse.
                    Attached Files

Comment

That's a real beauty, Ade!

Here's another example.
                      Attached Files
                      George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X