• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribbon bars

Hello all

Has everyone seen this page?
    http://www.medals.lava.pl/de/de3.htm

Quite a handy link for identifying imperial ribbons from the various states, also covers Third Reich ribbons as well.<O</O

<O</O

Rick have you considered something like this with real pictures for Ribbon bars part II?
    <O</O

The Quick and Easy is and always has been Nimmergut's "Bänderkatalog" which accompanies the semi-annual German "Deutschland-Katalog" price guide. Every single official award's ribbon 1800-1945 is in there, pocket size book, in color, and readily available from whoever your favorite German dealer is.

Here's the cover of mine, 1991-92 edition. I assume when they reprint they match the current price guide's cover color. This neat little volume is keyed to the price guide numbers, so you know that award #3071 has ribbon #640, and so on. Since the numbers remain constant, you only need one Bänderkatalog, no matter how often you update the companion price guide.

Devices.... now that is ANOTHER story!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dez H
      Hello all

Has everyone seen this page?
      http://www.medals.lava.pl/de/de3.htm

Quite a handy link for identifying imperial ribbons from the various states, also covers Third Reich ribbons as well.<O</O

<O</O

Rick have you considered something like this with real pictures for Ribbon bars part II?
      <O</O
      One of my personal favorites

Only thing that strikes me as odd off the bat is the white-black EK with the 1939 spange.

Comment

Thats a good point Landsknechte.
        If you had been awarded a non-combatant EK2 in WW1 & a 1939 EK2, could you have worn a 1939 spange on it?
        I suppose you could, but did it ever happen & how rare would that be?

Does anybody out there know, or better yet have a photo.

Also, I love this site, it's a big help to some one like me who dosen't have all the ribbons commited to memory. At least not yet!
        Regards,
        Chris

Always interested in buying Ribbon Bars or anything Ribbon Bar related!!

Comment

This would be technically possible, however I have never seen a picture with someone wearing one.<O</O

They would have more likely received a KvK2<O</O

Comment

Originally posted by Dez H
            They would have more likely received a KvK2<o =""></o>
            That was my thinking.. I thought the KvK was specifically intended to replace the white-black EK.

--Chris

Comment

i do like that page, gives me a chance to see the ribbonbars in a sortof neutral color and adds a chance that i can act find out what it is

another side i do like is this:

http://www.axisawards.homestead.com

esp the http://www.axisawards.homestead.com/ribbons.html

Best regards

Kloster

Comment

Originally posted by Kloster
                i do like that page, gives me a chance to see the ribbonbars in a sortof neutral color and adds a chance that i can act find out what it is
                I've found it's also useful for cobbling together representations of ribbon bars. For example:

A little cutting and pasting, and you can use it to recreate or visualize a bar that isn't in front of you

--Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X