Crusade against Communism medal bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crusade against Communism medal bars

Has anybody out there any idea on the colour, material, fixing, price and if there are any reproductions of these bars. Pics would be great.
    Regards,
    Pete

Could you be a bit more specific? What for example is a 'fixing"?
    Are you wondering about ORIGINAL issued (pre 1945) variations and also then "official" 1957 types-AND fakes or what?
    If so, there were basically 2 types of official Crusade medals-those made in Rumania and those made in Germany. The latter are a little better in detail and lack the 'P. Grant" underneath the head of Ms. Rumania.
    Souval also cranked them out after 1948 and well into the 1970s.
    There were two types of bars in terms of colours and a number of different lettering "font" types used on the bars.
    Fakes exist-from the crude lead cast types to modern cast copies that may also be late Souval production pieces. Rumanians still made them for sale @5 years ago and both those and the "souval" types have a waxy, softer sheen.
    Also, look at the threads listed below. Perhaps much of what you seek can be found there.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. The fixing refered to is how were the bars placed on the ribbon, pinned through, slid over etc. I'm only interested in the war time issues although the information you provided on the copys is well worth knowing,
      Regards,
      Pete

Comment

I have seen two different methods of attachment-the "proper" way was to bend the edge of the bar over the ribbon itself at the edges. This is the same with modern bars.
        However, I also have seen a group named to a sailor (who also got the krim shield) where he snipped off the edges and drilled a couple of holes and sewed it onto the ribbon. This sees to also have been done based on a photo I have.
        Last edited by McCulloh; 01-16-2004, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X