9 place ribbon bar on estand real??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9 place ribbon bar on estand real??

saw this on estand and im not so sure about it! seem to clean the placement of ribbons seems odd to,looks like the last to were add as an after thought at the end! never heard of a person breaking off the Romanian ribbon! also if he did it for one ribbon why did he not do for the Italian ribbon then to? infact iv NEVER heard of a soldier breaking of a ribbon on a bar!!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=376505

dont like that ek spange either!!not great detail!

Comment

no one replying?? pity that!!! well personlly i think its to new and doesnt make sense the soldier would break off one ribbon but not the other! also its to to to clean for a ribbon bar that was supposed to have been worn in or around 42/43 till the end of 44/45!!no wear or tear what so ever! but thats just me i guess!!

Comment

Hello,
        I think it is an original one.The second 8 place bar looks also very clean but I think both are good.
        If the officer served on the front, than I think he wasn't wear the ribbon bar.Just for special events.Wearing this in Africa it should be very dirty.Isnt it?

Comment

I would think that the Italian/Africa ribbon would be gone too since Italy switched sides and the wearing of this award was forbidden after that.
          pseudo-expert

Comment

but there is NO wear at all none!!! nothing its MINT! but yet the soldier supposedly broke off a Romanian ribbon but NOT the Italian on witch switched sides first and was wearing this for a number of years(even behind the front!) look at the other long ribbon bars that are for sale on the estand and then you see what a 60 year old bar looks like!!

Comment

Okey.I think you should post the EK spange to the crosses forum.If its fake all fake...

Comment

thats a good point! will do!

Comment

Seeing as these are my bars, I thought I would chime in here with a little input.

First of all these bars are not mint, (but then again they are not beat to sh*t either ). They do show age & some wear.

Second, just because a bar is mint, does not make it fake. Period.

There are plenty of examples of pristine bars out there, with providence, that are right as rain. Ask any ribbon bar collector worth his salt and he'll tell you the same. Not every bar in existence was worn in a combat scenario, or stored poorley after the war.

I'm all for an open, intelligent and educated discussion on any item posted on this site, (yes even if it's mine!), that's what it's all about.

That being said, my years of experience and the literally 100's (if not 1000's) of bars I've seen & handled over the years tells me these are period bars. No question about it. In hand they are right as rain.

As to the missing Romanian award on the end, I must confess that this is a well educated guess on my part, as well as few other collectors, based on having seen this happen before. But, the bottom line here is that the only way to know for certain, the reason why anything in this hobby is the way it is, would be to ask the original owner, or someone who was there.
                  Unfortionatley these are luxuries that we as collectors don't always have & which are becoming harder and harder to attempt with each passing year.

On a side note, I'm no longer offering this bar for sale, not due to any question of authenticity (they are both 100% OK, period!) but because I needed to raise some fast cash & acomplished it by selling a few other things. I didn't really feel right breaking up this set to begin with.
                  Attached Files
                  Regards,
                  Chris

Always interested in buying Ribbon Bars or anything Ribbon Bar related!!

Comment

I can't understand the problem with the "missing" Romanian ribbon. Why shouldn't have got this man this one LATER than the others and - like many other officers - kept the old bar and bought a new one ???

A problem I really have is another point: the bar for sure is from an Austrian soldier of WWI. But it seems that the only award he got was an MILITARY MERIT CROSS IIIrd class with Kriegsdekoration. Where ist the Kaiser-Karl-Truppenkreuz ??? He should have got it, IMO.

Regards, Peter

Comment

Sorry to say, but I didn't see and read the thread on the e-stand and therefore coudn't know, that one ribbon had been cut off.
                      And if the bar is coming from a German (not Austrian) officer, then everything would be right. No more problems.

Regards, Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X