interesting item with a 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting item with a 50

as shown but not in detail on my other thread about a bulk lot of items i got was this what i think is a faithful service with a 50 on it.the medal looks more like a 40 not a 50 but as clearly seen a 50 appears.the ribbon is also differant.the reading on the rear is "fur treue arbeit".no mm i can see.views greatfully recieved thankyou
    Attached Files

pic
    Attached Files

Comment

last pic
      Attached Files

Comment

That ribbon is the 15yr NSDAP long service ribbon, this medal should have the standard dark blue ribbon of the prussian/third reich wehrmacht long service awards.

Never seen anything like that medal before, is there any remains of silver plating to the cross section? perhaps it was a half finished piece at the end of the war like the barrells of KVK2's, someone has just added the ribbon to try and flog it off, the 50 should look like this, not sure where this image came from, i think i grabbed it from ebay a few years back.

Comment

no there is no trace of any silver.on my main thread running at the moment all but one long service award has this ribbon.at this time there are no reasons to believe these are not genuine hence the questions over this piece.thankyou

Comment

Originally posted by chris clark
            on my main thread running at the moment all but one long service award has this ribbon.at this time there are no reasons to believe these are not genuine hence the questions over this piece.thankyou
            Hope you don't mind me linking your pic to here:

As can clearly be seen all these medals have been decked out in 15yr NSDAP long service ribbon. I have no doubt the ribbon is original, it has been added post war, most likely your friend who acquired all these pieces and the roll of ribbon and dressed them up a bit, you can see someone has poorly slapped on the eagle devices to the ribbons. <O></O>

As evident from the RAD medals they have not had their silver finish yet applied so this would lead me to believe these were all looted from a factory, I bet the die characteristics of the RAD medals are exactly the same, meaning from the same firm.<O</O<O</O

Comment

that makes sence as he states that they went into such places and seized everything and when it came time to come home he took what he wanted from a huge bin filled with seized stuff.

Comment

IMO the silver finish is GONE on the RAD awards. I can see rests of it.

Cheers, Frank
                Cheers, Frank

Comment

could the 50 be an unfinished piece??? i accept the ribbon was put on after as show rather than knowledge of the subject.i am meeting the old boy again soon and to discuse what area these came from

Comment

I don´t think this cross was first finished in gold and then in silver, rather the other way round when you look at the percentages of silver vs. gold finish. But I agree that your cross doesn´t look bad per se.

Cheers, Frank
                    Cheers, Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X