X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my understanding is that japanese helmet liners were cloth, not
    leather...

that luft decal just AIN'T no good....

it is good for all that this stuff really does see the "light" of day.

thanks, Pieter!

joe

Comment

P. Verbruggen is right.
      And in cases like this I would rather trust a Dentist than a Vetenarian.
      Or is Hydick the nickname the Vet got for his attempts at Animal husbandry?
      (Get it, get it!!!??? screwing some donkey who doesnt know what he is buying!)

sorry folks, my posting is stupid and out of place, but so is the crap offered for sale courtesy ala Hydick.

Some folks dont like this forum, but so far as a group we have always had a strong built in Bullsh1t protector...and its blinking like crazy now......

Comment

Originally posted by joe campbell
        my understanding is that japanese helmet liners were cloth, not
        leather...

that luft decal just AIN'T no good....

it is good for all that this stuff really does see the "light" of day.

thanks, Pieter!

joe
        Hello Joe, Japanese helmets do have liners made of leather aswell as pig skin, and cloth.

Comment

Web Site

Mr. Verbruggen and others..

Thank you for your clarification. As I believe I previously stated, I am only trying to help Mr. Hydick market his items by listing them on my web site. I have little knowledge of medals and awards.

I have a long time friend who is an advanced badge, medal and award collector. I spoke with him recently. He is interested in the badge and I relayed all of the comments from this forum to him. He is suspicious of the medal but is not convinced that it is bad. He asked that I send my web site link to a well known expert in England, which I have done. I will let everyone know what his comments are.

Again, I know of Mr. Hydick as a very honest person and I think making fun of his name is beneath the dignity of this forum. I talked to him on Friday and he was also concerned about the fact that the badge could be a fake. If we get some documentation that it is bad, it will be identified as such on my web site. He even suggested that I pull it from my web site so the potential of it being a fake would not reflect on me, personally.

I guess the disappointment that I have experienced here is that all I hear is "fake" and no information as to why. Maybe everyone with knowledge on this forum feels it is a waste of their time but I am a fairly active member of a P.38 pistol forum and bad guns are offered for analysis all the time. The knowledgeable members offer information as to WHY a piece is not original. That is the only way less informed collectors can learn. That's what I, and I suspect other novice collectors, would appreciate being done on this forum.

Respectfully, Leon

Comment

Leon,
            you may be a straight guy, I really cant tell, but one of you (either you or Hydeck) is a fraud. If he told you he got all this stuff in germany in 1945 he is not an honest old Vet but a lying old bastard. Give him the pile of junk back and stick to your guns.

Like I said, we dont know you here on the forum so we really cant judge whether you are the victim, or the perp. but at the end of the day, you are involved in potentially screwing some guy out of his hard earned loot, and in general this forum has zero tolerance for that.

If it is Hydicks stuff, give it back and tell him to bugger off, then come back here to join the club.

All thebest
            Chris

Comment

i two would like to know what makes the awards/badges bad?? i'm not sticking up for them because i don't have the skill to tell what is real or??

but someone has to have photos of what is the real deal?
              as to the SS flag what makes it bad? so i can look out in the future>

i do want to thank the MAN for coming on here and keeping us informed in what he is doing to find out whats going on.

i as a new collector would like to know what makes the items bad??

thanks greg

Comment

Web site items for sale

To Greg..Thanks for the kind comments and yes, that's all I'm trying to do..get some facts.

To Chris..In fact Mr. Hydick was in the Pacific in W.W.II. He has collected German items since the '50's and has had several thousand go through his hands. He purchased all the items that he listed on my web site because he believed that they were authentic. As I stated, any item that is reasonably documented or verified as being a fake will be listed as such on my site. Mr. Hydick and I have no interest in ripping anyone off. I ask you personally...what makes the items fake? I truly want to know and to learn.

Regards, Leon
                Last edited by leondes; 12-14-2003, 05:28 PM.

Comment

I've been going through the items of one deceased vet here in WA. None of it high end like these try to be but a lot of lower stuff. The vet's family assumed he got it all "in the war". Well there are a lot of fake low end items in there. When pressed the vet's family said he "picked up some more stuff at the 'hall'". I sadly believe there are a few frontline vets out there willing to pick the pockets of the 'homefront' vets looking to pick up some 'frontline' items to embellish their 'action' during the war. Bottom line, ALL must be carefully examined, NOTHING can be taken for granted.

To directly answer your question as to what makes an item 'real' would fill volumes. One item at a time, one examination at a time, one discussion at a time, one conclusion at a time. In this case, if the deck is stacked with bad articles it may be difficult to get the tomes of replies you seek.

There are experts here of almost every type. I would be thankful, and am thankful, to get a or from these people.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S
                    To directly answer your question as to what makes an item 'real' would fill volumes. One item at a time, one examination at a time, one discussion at a time, one conclusion at a time. In this case, if the deck is stacked with bad articles it may be difficult to get the tomes of replies you seek.

There are experts here of almost every type. I would be thankful, and am thankful, to get a or from these people.
                    So many of the times, such efforts at assistance are so often thanked by comments such as these:

"He asked that I send my web site link to a well known expert in England, which I have done. I will let everyone know what his comments are."

I shudder to think of who he is letting validate his items. England isnt exactly abounding in credible dealers. I am sure you will expect no less of an answer from the Englishman than you do from us.

I do know of a highly regarded individual in Scotland, though...

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X