Does this ribbon bar look legit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this ribbon bar look legit?

I'm not really interested in this bar, but it looks unusual enough that I thought I'd ask for curiosities sake.

Thanks,
    --Chris

Are the ribbons 25mm or 30mm? As a sew on, it's possible if the former... but very unusual. "Homemades" are always a bit of a problem, when not in the hand for examination.

There is a Canadian eCrap seller who specializes in cranking out this "British style" of "German" ribbon bars, often truly mind-bogglingly stupid and impossible combinations (What? You DON'T think 1866 veterans were in the SS in Russia WW2? ) so source may be as important as what it "looks" like at first glance.

Comment

No idea as to the size of them, I'm afraid... Here's the listing for that auction:
      http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...category=34651

Here are a couple of others by the same seller:

Comment

They kinda look like the 57 models...don't they

Comment

Paul said what I was thinking.

They look alot like the '57 style to me too.
          Regards,
          Chris

Always interested in buying Ribbon Bars or anything Ribbon Bar related!!

Comment

I just saw the ebay links provided...UCK

Comment

Actually....

... as ugly as these are it's a bit sad. All three bars would have belonged to one person. The 4X & 5X were made to be worn together. They match the 9X bar that looks like a WW2 era bar. Too bad he has them listed as 3 lots, they would make an interesting group. The odd, flat, 25mm. style was not totally unheard of in WW2. Might be late war, might be post-57, but one things for sure... the 2 small bars match the 9X bar!

Comment

Rick is right, all three belong together, the 4 and 5 place worn in 2 rows sewn on. I think itis still wartime, not 57.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

After seeing the other bars I agree-- looks more like a wartime set than the M1957. Only shots of the reverses would help with that.

An interesting group, what with a Bulgarian St Alexander with Swords and a WW2 Croat war award.

I just cannot understand what drives short sighted, dim witted JERKS to split up a group that would be worth MORE together than split up. Unless they think they are being "clever" and going to "ransom" the PIECES to "make" someone pay more to keep them together.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Lundström
                    I just cannot understand what drives short sighted, dim witted JERKS to split up a group that would be worth MORE together than split up. Unless they think they are being "clever" and going to "ransom" the PIECES to "make" someone pay more to keep them together.
                    Just checked back in there this morning... The 4x and the 9x went to the same bidder, while the 5x went off in a different direction.

Comment

That's really is sad.

This set is broken up now, never to be reunited again.

What the hell was this guy thinking!
                      Regards,
                      Chris

Always interested in buying Ribbon Bars or anything Ribbon Bar related!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Taylor
                        That's really is sad.

This set is broken up now, never to be reunited again.

What the hell was this guy thinking!
                        If anybody is up to it, it might be nice to email the bidders and let them know about this whole thing. I would do it myself, but my German is bad enough that I'd probably confuse them more...

--Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X