Great price...what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great price...what do you think?

I found this set on-line. I have never heard of a silver plated LS medal. What do you think about thEK2? Should I go for this or leave it alone?

http://www.emedals.ca/catalog.asp?item=GEM77

Originally posted by PaulMedic
    I found this set on-line. I have never heard of a silver plated LS medal. What do you think about thEK2? Should I go for this or leave it alone?

http://www.emedals.ca/catalog.asp?item=GEM77
    I've never heard of this store before - does anyone have any history with them, comments; good bad or otherwise??
    If only I could be half the man my dog thinks I am

Comment

Hi Paul,

Uuummm ? Look at those ribbons on the back, looks very very minty, in fact to new looking.

I'm dubious of this set up, the metal 'bar' is probably genuine and the medals are probably alright although the life saving medal I could tell you if it was right or wrong......I don't know anything about them really.

I think it's a false bar made very recently, it looks loose and the medals aren't in line with each other at the bottom, I'd avoid it if I was you

See what the others say.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

I appreicate your help on this... The price with the Lifesaving Medal seemed too good!!! Although He did send me the following:

[COLOR=DarkRed]HI Paul,
        Nothing on the rim, it's NOT silver issue;
        but othervise super quality medal, die struck, and original.
        If not happy with it, you may return it for a full refund plus I would cover shipping charges as well,
        Regards, Barry
        ----- Original Message -----
        To: 'info@emedals.ca'
        Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 1:29 AM
        Subject: Form posted from Microsoft Internet Explorer.

firstname=Shannon
        realname=Reck
        email=sprjbj1@yahoo.com
        phone=
        fax=
        message= GEM77
        Can you please send me close ups of the medals? Is there anything printed on the rim of the lifesaving medal?

Thanks
        Paul
        Submit=Send
        [/COLOR]
        It is not worth the hassle if the set is not good. After all, I will not be seeing this item for the next six to twelve months!!!!

Thanks again. If anyone else has ideas or suggestions about this set or the dealer, please reply!!

Very respectfully
        Paul Reck

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus. H
          Uuummm ? Look at those ribbons on the back, looks very very minty, in fact to new looking.
          Hi Marcus,

I have no problems with very minty ribbons - I had medal bars from WW1, directly from the family of the Vet and the ribbons looked like just produced.
          It´s a question of storage over the years. The medals look also good for me, but I may be wrong. It´s always a risk to rate from photos.

Best wishes

Joerg

Comment

Paul, I agree with Joerg, there is nothing wrong with a medal bar looking "mint", these were supposed to be worn only a few times a year. If you see a battered medal bar, the condition is most likely due to improper storage rather than excessive use.

I do not see anything wrong with the medal bar either, looks like a very nice one. According to Forman's Guide there were two types of LS medal: Type A -official 800-marked issue and Type B - private purchase silver-plated brass or zink.

Comment

I know what you're saying I like to collect mint and packeted awards and I mean I love them mint. Some of mine look like they were made yesterday

But theres something wrong with this I'm sure of it, gut instinct or ignorance it's just not right for me at all, I guess we'll never know for sure.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus. H
                I know what you're saying I like to collect mint and packeted awards and I mean I love them mint. Some of mine look like they were made yesterday Marcus
                Marcus:

I have a few pieces in my collection that were made yesterday or within the last 10 years from Eastern Europe . I tend to stay away from mint items, to me they have no character but that is not to say I don't have any.

John

Comment

I very much appreciate your help on this matter. This bar will be up for grabs if any of you want it!!

Thanks
                  Paul Reck

Comment

Originally posted by PaulMedic
                    I very much appreciate your help on this matter. This bar will be up for grabs if any of you want it!!

Thanks
                    Paul Reck
                    Hi Paul,
                    PM Rick Lundstrom, he could tell you for certain. It looks ok to me but I don't really know a lot.
                    Best, Sal

Comment

Bar

Everything looks OK to me.
                      Many years ago I had a silverplated LS medal. It was very nice and of very good quality.

Comment

You are all right!! It does seem like a nice piece and at a great price, but my dream item has just become availible fropm Bill Shea...A nice singal decal Fallschirmjager helmet!! So I need to save my money for this prize!! A real once in a life time opportunity for me!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X