Medal to the war merit cross.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal to the war merit cross.

Bought this from a local greek dealer and because i am new in the hobby i whould like to know if it is original or not.

http://s688.photobucket.com/albums/v...t=3051897d.pbw
    Last edited by general1900; 05-05-2009, 08:59 AM.

Yep its good

Comment

Thank you ery much for answering.

Comment

Just out of curiosity-how much did you pay for this medal? I am asking because I have the impression that dealers in Greece tent to overprice militaria

Comment

Yes sure they do. I bought this one for 40E......

Comment

Not to rain on your parade but I can think of a couple of dealers in Europe who sell this medal for 15E.

Wayne

Comment

Yes i know....when i was buying from him i didnt knew the forum nor Detlevs,Butscheks site or any other militaria site. Everything in Greece is expensive i whould be surprised if ww2 medals where not.

Comment

Originally posted by bytown View Post
                Not to rain on your parade but I can think of a couple of dealers in Europe who sell this medal for 15E.

Wayne
                Thats what I am talking about. I do not know why they tend to sell far more expensive that the average market prices. Maybe they still have not reallized that there is this thing called "The Internet" that creates a universal market where every collector can have access to sellers from all over the globe. and this forum is a CREAT source of info about all these potential sellers!

Just my two pennies

(PS for 40 euros you could get a very nice KVK 2nd class for example....)

Comment

Originally posted by general1900 View Post
                  Yes sure they do. I bought this one for 40E......
                  check the estand that will give you a very good idea of what you should be paying for most stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Hartigan View Post
                    Just out of curiosity-how much did you pay for this medal? I am asking because I have the impression that dealers in Greece tent to overprice militaria

To the tune of 240 euros for a Mothers Cross in the Athens Flea Markets

Comment

Apart from the Greek dealers not realizing that the internet is forming a price status in militaria globally, I think that another factor for the high prices over here is the fact that there are no serious militaria dealers who know their stuff. We are mostly talking about antique stores owners, who among other things have more or less militaria for sale.

They tend to think that they have pure gold in their hands, extra rare items... I had been offered a bank account booklet, an arbeitsbuch, a kvk 2nd class and a hindenburg cross without ribbon once, for 500 euro... Some of them even think that militaria and specially TR ones are the "high end, blue collar" stuff in their stores and sometimes you can even see this attitude...

Greek auction sites are another frenzy... Normally stuff bought from dealers, being sold for up to the triple prize, by "collectors"... The thing is, although there are serious collectors in Greece, there are not many well informed, fair price militaria dealers.

Cheers, Giorgos

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X