No announcement yet.

Honour Table Clasp of the Navy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a good look everyone at these navy clasps they are 100% original!
    I have seen literally dozens of these from Canadian Vets they brought them back by the armload thinking they were pure gold. The Canadian troops held major navy bases in Germany towards the end of the war as they were sent up the coast of Germany to clear them out and these awards were kept at these bases waiting to be issued. I bought 15 of them a few years ago from an antiques dealer here in Nova Scotia who got them from a vet after selling his estate I sold them to every major dealer in the US and Canada (Bill Shea/Peter Whammond etc). Chances are that these ones posted here came from here! There were not many awarded but lots were made still waiting to be discovered and I happen to have a line on 2 more now.
    Nice to see they found good homes! Thanks,Glenn
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

-

Very interesting information, Glenn! Always good to know a little bit more about your stuff.

Comment

That is great information, Glenn! Now I know where mine came from!
        George

Comment

Glenn is correct! There were quite a few of these awards brought back by Canadian servicemen. I managed to own four of these awards, and they were all identical to what Marcus has shown. I just wish I had kept them all!

Cheers,
          James

Comment

Hi Guy,s,
            Most of the ones I found were from members of the North Nova Scotia Highlanders.I personally have had around 30 or so some in the case and some just on the ribbon. I know a guy here that has 6 in the case but wont part with them right now but he may in time.They are very common here so common in fact you get sick of seeing them. I never kept one for myself either as I mainly focus on German army items such as uniforms,headgear etc, If I collected Navy stuff I would have it made living here as that is what we see come up for sale all the time including Navy daggers these guys grabbed everything they thought was gold or of some kind of value metal wise. Hey I dont blame them I would have done the same!! Thanks,Glenn
            "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Hi marcus!
              Great find!
              Seems everything is going your way lately
              Wanna trade against a black wound badge?

Mads

Comment

Hi Mads,

I don't know about everthing going my way, after all I am married.........but on the collection side of things 'touch wood' I'm doing ok; I think I'll send my old dealer 'friend' a picture and advise him to join the forum.

Does the black wound badge have a packet ? Would you consider a trade then against this

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X