2 Blue Division medals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Blue Division medals

Please take a look at these two Blue Division medals. The first, with the gold finish is 32.4 mm in diameter. I believe the loop was made with the medal and not separately applied. The reverse has a wavy appearance across its face. The ribbon is wider than on the other medal at 32.6 mm and the center yellow band is thinner while the outer black bands are wider than the other. There is no maker mark on the ring and it is die struck. The second medal is thicker and slightly wider than the first (32.8 mm). The loop is soldered on and the reverse is very even not exhibiting a wavy appearance. It also appears to be die struck. You will see it has an upside down N in division on the reverse and appears to be made of brass. I would appreciate any insights you may have on these. My guess is the first is period. They do not photograph well. Thanks, Richard
    Attached Files

Obverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Obverse 2
      Attached Files

Comment

Reverse 1
        Attached Files

Comment

Reverse 2
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi

The one on the left is an original and the one on the right is a reproduction.

Kenneth

Comment

Hello Kenneth - It has been a year since I posted that and I appreciate your thoughts on the matter. Richard

Comment

In my country it´s said: Best late than never.
                As kenneth told, the one on the left is a nice well preserved original. Not easy to find one of them with this gilding.
                The other one is a fake.
                Regards.
                Greg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X