RAD-Dienstauszeichnung Medal Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAD-Dienstauszeichnung Medal Question?

Could the 4yrs RAD Dienstauszeichnung Service Medal be worn on the same medal bar with the 12 yr RAD service medal?

John

COULD it be?-- yes. Was it SUPPOSED to be?-- I don't think so.

But it seems from some point in the middle of the war, the regulation wear of a single (Jeff McC please repost that scan I did of the RAD officer group you got from Stogie-Rick) fell into mirroring the WEHRMACHT'S double system:

Detlev Niemann had a group some time ago with an 18 and either the 12 or 4 (I've forgotten) and here's mine, with the RAD 12 and 4.

Note that this is a WARTIME bar. 1938 to ??? early in the war (at least through 1940) this doesn't seem to have happened.
    Attached Files

Comment

Jawohl Herr Rickmeister:
      Attached Files

Comment

und einmal mehr:
        Attached Files

Comment

But it seems from some point in the middle of the war, the regulation wear of a single fell into mirroring the WEHRMACHT'S double system
          Rick: Was this true for all awards? If so, then why didn't the Polizei awards follow suit?

John

Comment

¡Gracias, Señor McCulloh!

Well, it appears that the RAD were being naughty, as Jeff's 1938-ish per-regulations singles reveal.

Perhaps having the same exact classes: 4, 12, 18, and 25 was just too much temptation for the regulation defying (?) Labor Corps types to resist!

Mind you, I've never seen ANY logical reason why the Third Reich armed forces awards weren't worn, as in Imperial times, as singles, either!

Comment

another Lagerfuhrer following the single medal regulation:
              Attached Files

Comment

Normally only the Wehrmacht awards were authorized to wear as couple and the NSDAP long service award (even all 3 together)
                All the others (RAD, Police, civilian..) could be worn as single, higher ones replacing the lower ones.
                ONE Wehrmacht award and ONE other long service award could be combined if the recipient had awards from different branches.

But as we even see from period pictures some people didnt follow THE RULES.

best regards

Daniel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X