HG Cufftitle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HG Cufftitle

I own one HG cufftitle. I'm interested in branching out and picking up some of the variations. I'm going to attach photos of mine for you to see. Hopefully it is the real deal. I'd like to see some of the others and maybe some people can give me some good information as to what to look for in each of the versions.
    Attached Files

Close-up of embroidery.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jack,

Here's an NCO version of the cufftitle that has unfortunately been cut down for insertion in a photo album with a photo of the Hauptfeldwebel of Panzergrenadier Regiment 1 "Hermann Göring"

/Ian
      Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

The reverse. Paper from where it was in a scrapbook.
        Attached Files

Comment

Reverse....
          Attached Files
          Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Thanks Ian. Yours makes me feel better about mine. The reverses are exactly alike. Maybe some people will also post some RGG and other titles from these formations. Gene, are you out there????

Comment

I'll post some later, I have some nice examples
              WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Here are mine
                WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Tried to edit my post to include the pics. Oh well, here they are:
                  WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Gene, thanks, those are great. Can you show a photo of a reverse shot of these? Also, what are you looking for when you buy one? Are there any telltale no-nos?

Comment

Jack,

I look for symmetry and materials identical to those found on known original pieces. That may sound kind of vague but it's a basic tool to help determine if they are factory produced cuff titles. The grey area is the "locally produced" variations that were made individually by tailors in Italy and Holland. Gordon Williamson has some excellent examples in his book which I believe are/were owned by George Petersen. By the way, the bottom title is black.
                      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X