Sudeten medal and prague bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sudeten medal and prague bar

Hi i have the possibility to buy this medal, i think its original just need a second opinion..Love this medal, coz i live in Prague )..if link doesnt work let me know..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22244269@N07/?saved=1

I'm not happy with the Prague bar on this one; is there a signature in the bushes?

mike

Comment

Would agree never been that keen on that style of prague bar, too heavily detailed and a somewhat strange look to the metal i always think. These began to appear in quantity from nowhere.All the best

Comment

This one is a little strange, i would not have it in my collection.

Comment

I agree that this one is NOT correct. I also notice that there is ironically and generally too much detail on this one. Specifically, the two towers on the far right end of the bar are too wide, and again too detailed. The whole image also appears to be too recessed, or set back from the border. I could go on with more, but I think that's enough.

Again, I'm just comparing this too all the originals I've seen, including my own to which I just compared it. If there are any originals out there that look like this one, it will sure be news to me. So, I definitely wouldn't have this one in my collection.

Just my opinion again.

Chris

Comment

Hi

I would have to disagree. I like this one. I know everyone says it has too much detail but that doesn't throw me off. I have a nice L/11 private purchase one and it has tons of detail. It doesn't look like yours but as far as detail it has atleast as much as yours.

Kenneth

Comment

Hi

Here's a picture of the L/11.

Kenneth
              Attached Files

Comment

hi

Here's a picture of the kind I bet everyone is talking about.

Kenneth
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ken the one that i am talking about is definately the one shown, have looked at these at various shows and personally i am never that keen on the look of the metal, always found with a deep patina, and the extra level of detail especially in the three windows level. Like i have said that is just from a personal view. Not one for me. All the best

Must be getting old bedtime for me

Comment

P. S the one you show looks a good h.c to me.All the best

Comment

Hi Ken:

As I said, this one just doesn't look like any said-to-be-originals that I've ever seen. Giving it the benefit of the doubt, it could just mean that I haven't seen any of that original type before. I'm still interested to see how the consensus of this discussion turns out. If the consensus says that it's original, then I will have learned something new. That's always good!

Chris
                      Last edited by Stahlhelm; 12-31-2007, 11:28 AM.

Comment

I agree with others, prague bar very odd. I would pass on it.

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X