GeneralAssaultMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Order of the German Eagle, ribbon widths.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order of the German Eagle, ribbon widths.

Hi everybody!
    I recently acquired two finnish ribbon bars and one of them had two German ribbons. EK2 and the Order of the German Eagle. (The Finnish ribbons were Liberty Cross 2.Class with Swords and oak leaf, and a another Liberty Cross 2.class with Swords.)
    Anyway I have heard from somewhere that the width of the ribbons of the German Eagle Order were different depending of the class of the award. If so, my ribbons width is 4,5cm. What would be the class? I know that the finnish officers were awarded with this decoration. For example Jaeger-General Paavo Talvela had the second class with swors and a breast star and Mannerheim had the Golden Grand Cross of the order.

Antti

Anybody?

Just lifting this up...
    Due to the fact that I haven't managed to join into the association - yet. I will attach this link from where you can find the bars and the ribbons I'm talking about.
    My newest Finnish ribbon bars

The size of the picture is 88k.

Cheers!
    Antti

Comment

Hi Antti,

the ribbon of the MEDAL should be 37 mm.
      So I think the ribbon for the ORDER should be wider.

Best regards

Daniel

P.S. here are AnttiĀ“s bars:
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Daniel for your answer and posting the picture.

I might have to correct my previous post. I'm really not sure about those Cross of Liberty ribbons. I mean that I cannot be sure about the class of every ribbon so you all can make your own judgements.
        And for all of you who aren't familiar with Finnish ribbons. The bar below the first one has three different Cross of Liberty ribbons and two commemorative medal ribbons (for Independence War 1918 and for Winter War 1939-1940).

Antti

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X