Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

german-italian campaign medal

Hi,

Could I please have an opinion on this german-italian campaign medal?

Thanks Willem
    Attached Files

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

A nice original IMO.
      pseudo-expert

Comment

Thanks Don

Comment

nice original
          cheers, Raffaello

other discussion about this interesting medal:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=afrika+medal

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=afrika+medal
          "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

First Modell Lorioli.

Nice Medall!!!

Comment

Hello Willem,
              I agree. I don't think I've ever seen one in better condition. Can we see pictures of the entire medal bar?
              Best regards,
              Tom
              Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

bar

Hello all,

Thanks for the replies. Here is a picture of the entire bar. Sorry for the bad quality. I had to cut and past in from a website. I have an option on this bar now for 220.- Euros. I am worried about the combination.

Were German soldiers entitled to win the German-Italian campaign medal?

If yes: the combination with the service medal is OK. If not the bar is bogus. Any suggestions?

Willem
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello Willem,

nice original bar with an honest price . The medal of Italo-German campaign
                  medal in Afrika 1941 was instituited 7/01/1943 (Comando Supremo) is an
                  medal award for the italo-german troops.
                  cheers, Raffaello
                  "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Hi Raffaello,

Thanks for your reply. So it was a Italian instituted medal that could be obtained by Italian and German soldiers. What is the difference between the bronze and the silver medal?

Willem
                    Last edited by Schurgers; 12-18-2007, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Hello Willem,

this medal was produced by Lorioli factory exist only in bronze and
                      a variation in grey metal (kriegsmetall).
                      After the second war is replaced without the fascio and swastika
                      with only Savoy knot.
                      cheers, Raffaello

Comment

"The medal of Italo-German campaign
                        medal award for the italo-german troops."

Hi Raffaelo, are you sure this date is correct, and that you didnt make a mistake? I very seriously doubt this medal came out in 1943.

JL

Comment

Ok. So the so called "silver" medal is actually a lower quality kriegsmetall.

Wille

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Loup View Post
                            "The medal of Italo-German campaign
                            medal award for the italo-german troops."

Hi Raffaelo, are you sure this date is correct, and that
                            you didnt make a mistake? I very seriously doubt this medal came out in 1943.

JL
                            Hi Jean Loup,

this is the scan of the Alessandro Brambilla book "italian medals in
                            the last 200 years" vol.2 1901-1996. The design illustrated the
                            two type of this medal WWII and postwar and the different ribbon
                            (the postwar is large type), this medal was established 7/01/1943
                            (Comando Supremo) with an telegram in this date, the Duce was
                            mentioned the authorization in the 25 December 1942 after the
                            Comando Supremo give the approvation (13 days)
                            cheers, Raffaello
                            Attached Files

Comment

Interesting. But I still do not believe that this medal came ou in 1943. Maybe there is a typo in the book, and they meant 7/01/1942?
                              Here is a source saying the institution date is 1942 for example: http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=1801

JL

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X