Ostfolk awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ostfolk awards

I would like to discuss this badge: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=258621

As you will see the obverse has significant differences from the 2d class in the thread I pulled up.

Perhaps if we see some others things will become clear.
    pseudo-expert

This badge is mine, and I gladly submit it for discussion. It is flatter than my other one, but I understood there was a "high" profile and a "low" profile version of these badges. Standing by for (continued) education! s/f Robert

Comment

There is a general lack of information on these. My search turned up one thread. Hopefully we will see others and we all will learn something today.
      pseudo-expert

Comment

Ostvolk medals

Welcome a good debate on this, as I believe that the lack of "rope" and "flat" reverse does not mean fake/copy, would hope that anyone who considers this to be the case will provide evidence (and the manufacturer ) to do otherwise would not add anything to the debate.

Comment

personally I don´t prefer this variant, but I won´t say it´s a fake, just doesn´t appeal to me.

Very interested to get more info about these medals, good that you started this thread Don.

Comment

Thanks for weighing in on this. Considering the source, I would be very surprised if it weren't real. The construction certainly looks contemporary - but I'm here to learn.

Does anyone have a vet-captured flat version? s/f Robert

Comment

I have been told recently on this Forum that the lack of "rope" & the flat back marks it out as a '57 award?
              No proof was given & i'm not sure whether these were manufactured as '57 awards at all.
              Possibly a good avenue to investigate.
              Ant.

Comment

Hi mates. I also have a flat-back one, but in my case it's a 2nd class issue. I've been told that it's original (although having a back without the typical hole). It's also maker marked "100" on the ring.
                I'd say that it's an original one. These kind of Ostvolks tend to be quite doubious, but I still think it's a matter of being less common than the other version.
                Attached Files

Comment

back
                  Attached Files

Comment

ring
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi folks, I have not study these badges in-depth but I know that different variations exist on these Eastern Peoples awards. Not all 1957 awards have the flat reverse some have the small concave center and you can say that not all originals were made with the concave center because some originals have the flat reverse. Sorry I couldn't be much help hopefully some other more knowledgeable members might have better info.

Rene Chavez
                      http://axis101.bizland.com

Comment

I'm confused. The badge is question is a hollow back 1st Class and we are showing 2nd Class flatbacks??

Anywho .... here are the 1st Class that I used to own.
                        Attached Files

Comment

It would be nice to see a couple of "straight" on pics of this one. As Don says the ropes are missing. I can't remember seeing one like that before ... but ... the bubbled finishing looks ... good

Comment

Thanks for showing Darrell. We were looking at the obverse of the 2d class because I didn't find but 1 thread on these things. I'm sure there are more somewhere but finding them is another issue. I see yours have the two circular ropes on the front.
                            pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
                              Thanks for showing Darrell. We were looking at the obverse of the 2d class because I didn't find but 1 thread on these things. I'm sure there are more somewhere but finding them is another issue. I see yours have the two circular ropes on the front.
                              No problem Don. This one is different I will say that.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X