Crapola

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crapola

Check out these goodies available at the pay per view site that was recently flattened . . .
    Attached Files

And . . . one of those ultra-rare KVK II devices
    Attached Files
    Last edited by David S; 06-24-2003, 11:32 PM.

Comment

What happened to the eagles head on the spange bar?

Must have got shot off in combat.

Comment

That is the infamous Squashed Marshmallow Easter Chick "variant" spange, circa 1990.

These are "classic" Ohio parts frauds.

The Back Streets Of Collecting either know it and don't care or they are REALLY as stupid as we have every reason to know they are, based on ongoing examples like these.

You can see a Hideous Close Up of the SMEC at the end of the Spangen 500% devices gallery in The Ribbon Bar Article:

http://wehrmacht-awards.com/ribbons/index.htm

Do keep us posted as to the no doubt triple digit prices the "Lucky" but clueless high bidders end up getting stuck for.

Don't even need to see the ALL Brass backing or the Grotesque Hand Snipped Catch on the lower one. That's an OLD "1990s" Ohio parts fraud, before he got even a little good.

Looks like somebody's tried to disguise that by butchering the usual long but dull and boring Austrian WW1 veterans' bar (detachable tabs type) as a skeleton for the first one. Gotta love that "40 year" wreath, snork snork!!! They work sooo hard... for such

crapola

Comment

To again ask:

who then is making these miniature devices? KVK? Westwallehrenzeichen? Are they real or 'recent'?

Rick, I will get detailed fotos of my devices as soon as the roll of film is developed.

Erich

Comment

Oh, the "flowers" medals ones have been around since the war. There was no REASON for ANY of them, but they show up in photos and on original contrary to regulation bars.

Which is not to say they aren't being faked now, just like everything else.

The KVK "ribbon bar" minis I'm inclined to think of as either period lapel bow devices--though I've never seen one I considered legit, or a photo of one being worn-- or fantasy pieces.

MOST of the fake devices are cast... and as castings, could be made by somebody on their kitchen table. Some are struck, which would involve some heavier gear.

WHERE does it all come from?

For that, I guess we'll need a deathbed confession from a professional slimeball finally seeing the light of ethics. THEY certainly know where to get suitcases full of their garbage. Maybe there's a special "invitation only, wholesale" store someplace....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X