Bravery before Service Medal Bar ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bravery before Service Medal Bar ?

Should the Fire Service Award come before the 25 yr Civil Service Award on this bar? I had thought that personal achievement awards came before service awards and wasn’t the Fire Service Medal awarded for acts of bravery while fighting a fire?

John
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Market Garden; 06-14-2003, 08:07 PM.

Holy Crap is that a lookin' bar!!!!

You just wait for the Imperialoids to check out that noncombatant WW1 EK2!!! Awoooooooo!!!

The Fire cross was dual purpose, and in most cases was simply for long service. Combined with the civil service long service, I'd say he was a volunteer fireman, and so as a "part time" long service, placed it after his Day Job cross, even if he might have earned it before or at the same time.

Comment

Yupahoooo! Great bar! Congratulations!

Might also be "in order awarded", first the 25 Civil service, then the Fire brigade cross, then Volkspflege, that would follow THE RULES.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Guns for Medals Program

Thanks for the replys and compliments! However, I have to admit that the white on the ribbons really aren't as clean as they appear…it just looks that way in the picture (the beauty of modern digital photography). I traded a Beretta, model 84F .380cal pistol and four Texas Rangers Baseball tickets for the 4th of July game against the Seattle Mariners for it. I think I came out ahead on this deal because I'm going to be out of town for the fourth anyway .

Besides being a part-time fireman what was this guy some sort of government administrative hero during World WarI?

John
        Last edited by Market Garden; 06-16-2003, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Yup. 5 million combatant 1914 EK2s...

13,000 "white-black" NONcombatant 1914 EK2s.

Probably half of those went to civilian government employee/Red Cross types. Your bar's owner was wearing military uniform, whatever he did-- hence the Hindenburg Cross.

Zillions of mostly fake noncombatant 1914 EK2 ribbons slipped on loose crosses... darned hard to find a legit one in a medal bar.

Comment

medal bar

Hi John
            Is it possible to get a close-up of the center the 25 Long Sevice?

Regards
            Peter

Comment

25 yr Close-up

Peter:

Here is the requested close-up picture...

John
              Attached Files

Comment

medal bar

Hi John.
                The reason for me asking is this: in your first pic the enamel
                looked a bit concave (strange shadows on the upper parts).
                I guess it´s just the reflection in your scanner. Your 2nd pic
                looks o.k. I´m seeing ghosts all over now due to my latest
                descovery regarding a bar on my own. For comparison could
                you please send a pic on the reverse and I´ll get back with
                the findings of my own bar.

Regards
                Peter

Comment

Backside

Peter -

Here is a picture of the backside. I see what you are saying about the enamel, here is the front again but at an angle. I checked the enameling and it is flush with the sides of the cross.

John
                  Attached Files

Comment

medal bar

Hi John

I´m ashamed of my own ability to express myself properly. I ment
                    the reverse of the bar. Anyhow, here are my own findings.

This medal bar has been in a previous thread and I was still not
                    content although nobody ruled it out. So with sadness in my hart
                    I´ve to admit it´s a post-war assembly. I managed to flip up a
                    part of the lower backing to test it with black light inside. The
                    supporting threads turned up WHITE! The sewing is very stiff
                    and the outside (!) doesn´t react on the light.

The 2nd thing is the IC. It´s so thight put together that a needle
                    can´t be pushed under the inner rim. I first suspected it to be
                    a cast piece. Then I found an acupuncture-needle and that one
                    slipped in. There seems to be a second layer of silver as you can
                    see in the upper left outside. Also notice the bad striking towards
                    the outside lower right center (phhh having problems expressing
                    myself in english).
                    These findings and some other alarming threads about faked medal bars should really be signal to stay very, very alert.
                    I hope your´s doesn´t show the same symphtoms.
                    Best regards Peter

Comment

medal bar

revers

sorry about the size still in the process of learning

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X