Ost medal tri-fold parade mount!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ost medal tri-fold parade mount!!!

Thought I would post this beautiful Ost medal for your viewing. I have been on the hunt for one of these for some time.

I have not seen many single parade mounted Ost medals, let alone a tri-fold, but I snagged one recently.

Clearly removed from a dress tunic I'm sure....you can see the thread holes on the reverse of the ribbon.

Although the Ost medal is very common I find these awards to be one of the most handsome medals produced during the period. Beautiful colored ribbon with a striking Eagle, with bayonet and grenade above. I hope you enjoy this less seldom seen version as much as I do.

Thank you,
    Mike

Front

Tri-fold front........
    Attached Files

Comment

Reverse

and the reverse.......
      Attached Files

Comment

Wintersclacht Im Osten 1941 /1942

Hello Mike, yes I agree with your comments, the Ost-Medaille(Eastern /Russian front medal) is one of the most attractive of the lower - mid range value awards and although your example is a later war issue, it a text book example with the seldom encountered Austrian style mounting. Considering the current low market selling value, it a much underated medal. By the way did you know it's unofficial name is the "frozen flesh medal" ?
        Regards Martin

Comment

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the comments. Yes I am familiar with the Ost front "frozen meat" term, quite chilling indeed!!!

My fascination with all things "Ost Front" seems never ending. That particular front of the war seems incredible to me and I enjoy the topic very much.

If anyone else has other parade mount Ost medals please feel free to join in!!

All the best,
          Mike

Comment

Hello, Mike I will post my collection at a later date, although I only have the one Austrian style mounted (on a medal Bar with three other Austrian Medals) Yes, I myself consider Stalingrad to be one the most fascinating areas of collecting and study.
            Regards Martin

Comment

well done mike...this austrian style ost medal has to be the rarer type that i have seen!
              nice...

Comment

Hi

Now that is nice. Thanks for sharing the images with us as it is not everyday that we see an Ost medal with an Austrian mounting.

Raymond

Comment

Thanks guys, I like it very much and feel lucky to own it.

This was one Friday that I got the "it's yours" from Detlev....a rare thing to be sure!!!

Mike

Originally posted by RaymondG View Post
                  Hi

Now that is nice. Thanks for sharing the images with us as it is not everyday that we see an Ost medal with an Austrian mounting.

Raymond

Comment

Dear Mike,

Great piece!! Nothing but lovely!
                    I was hunting it too! I was too late!

Cheers!

Comment

Agee with all of the above. Very nice and seldom seen. Congrats and enjoy it!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X