Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medalbar opinions

Hello folks,

What is the general consenses on this medalbar? Real or memorex?
    Attached Files

Not original in my opinion. Appears random and quickly put together.

Peter

Comment

Can we see the reverse?
      George

Comment

Brien,
        It's not one that I would want in my collection.

Chet
        Zinc stinks!

Comment

Dear Brien,

The order of precedence is proper and there is nothing that stands out to make me think the medals themselves are fake. The mounting seems to be a tabbed medal bar with the medals hung off hooks on the reverse -- if you are not familiar with this type of construction, it is where each single ribbon is mounted on a metal plate which in turn is then attached to a large mounting bar utilizing 2 vertical tabs (similar to what one sees in ribon bars) the medals are then hung on hook on the rear of the large bar so the whole piece can be used as a medal bar or (when without the medals hung) just a ribbon bar.

Although tabbed bars can show some crookedness in mounting this bar exhibits a lot more than I would be comfortable with. The quality of mounting is just not what I have in my collection or what I have seen. At best a poorly constructed bar or one that has seen some abuse.

Gary B
          Last edited by Gary B; 08-04-2007, 12:06 PM.
          ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

As Gary said, the type of mounting is possible, the medals look OK, but overall this one dosen't leave me with a good feeling. Especially seeing as this bar is all TR & trying to represent a good loyal party member to boot. Again, not a good feeling, not a good feeling at all.
            Regards,
            Chris

Always interested in buying Ribbon Bars or anything Ribbon Bar related!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X