Police service devices on ribbon bars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police service devices on ribbon bars?

Concerning police long service ribbon bars, did the eagle/wreath devices reflect the length of service in the same manner as on Heer and Luft versions whereas the device was either in silver or gilt?

Yes, but not quite in the same way. The 1st grade (25 years service) was represented by a gilt police emblem and the 2nd grade (18 years) by a silver police emblem. The 3rd grade (8 years) was normally represented by the ribbon without any attachment, although a miniature device of the medal was available to attach to the ribbon.

Comment

Here are a few examples from my collection to illustrate what James is talking about.

The 25 & 18 also came in embroidered versions as pictured on the 2nd bar below. The last 2 bars have the 8 year device as mentioned.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Chris Taylor; 07-20-2007, 01:05 PM.
      Regards,
      Chris

Always interested in buying Ribbon Bars or anything Ribbon Bar related!!

Comment

Here's a close up of the 8 year devices.

It's actually a miniature of the 8 year service medal.
        Attached Files
        Regards,
        Chris

Comment

A few more.

There is also a non-cut out, solid version of the 18 & 25 devices, but I don't have a photo of it on the computer I'm using.
          Attached Files
          Regards,
          Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X