Blood Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood Order

I am home from college for the summer, trying to save my collection from becoming a casualty of my parents divorce. Almost everything in my collection has either been passed through the family or given to me by friends/acquaintances. For this reason the items are varied, but mostly Third Reich related. There are a couple earlier acquisitions that I have always questioned so I have decided to post them up for your review. Please give me your opinions and ask questions if needed.
    I know I'm probably wasting my time with this one, but please let me know what you think. This medal is out of England.
    Attached Files

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by chenny View Post
      This medal is out of England.

.....and, methinks, was never in Germany at any time in it's history.

Comment

Thats what I figured Mr. Lumsden, thank you.

Comment

What does the rear of the medal say? I cant see past the grime.

Comment

You could try on the political and tinny forum as well (the proper forum for this medal BTW) but I think you will get the same answer as here.

Comment

From what I can see so far I don't like it, but I'd like to have better pictures to be absolutely sure. I believe this is one of the "better" copies in circulation.

You might want to check with Jon Fish, he's our resident Blutorden expert

Rob

Comment

Definitely not original, but this is a different copy than most of them out there. The number is also way too high--originals were only numbered up to about 4000.
                Still, a good space filler for someone not wanting to buy an original.
                Erich
                Festina lente!

Comment

What does the rear of the medal say? I cant see past the grime.
                  UND IHR HABT DOCH GESIEGT
                  - -and we have won after all- -

Comment

Originally posted by Erich View Post
                    Definitely not original, but this is a different copy than most of them out there. The number is also way too high--originals were only numbered up to about 4000.
                    Still, a good space filler for someone not wanting to buy an original.
                    Erich

Woah! When I looked at it this morning, I thought that first digit was a 4 !!!

The number is a dead giveaway. As Erich has already stated, the second patterns were issued into the low 4000's. According to Jon Fish, 4188 is the highest issue number 2nd pattern he has seen, and there are rumors that #4326 could be out there as well.

The detail on the eagle is also not what I would expect, the details are off, and the ring around the outer edge varies in thickness. Combined with the issue number, there's no doubt in my mind that it's a reproduction.

Rob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X