Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kreta Cufftitle

Dear friends,

I need your help with the following Kreta cufftitle, is it original?
    Comparing with the few sure pics I have the letters seem to be fatter, but apart from that the base material and the pattern on the back look good to me, but I'm just a beginner in cloth items.

Cheers,
    Matteo
    Attached Files
    Looking for italian fascist militaria (RSI period preferably) - badges insignia awards ID cards and everything else!

Attached Files
    Looking for italian fascist militaria (RSI period preferably) - badges insignia awards ID cards and everything else!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

All I can tell you is....

Hi Matteo,
        Your KRETA band isn't the typical band. Here is a picture of mine followed by a similar one, a KRETA band Detlev sold a couple of weeks ago. I believe these are the most common.

However, there is a "fat lettered" KRETA band pictured in Gordon's book (if you are going to get into cuffbands, you need to own it) on page 52 where the inner leaves on the acanthus touch, or nearly touch, the outside leaves. The band in Gordon's book is in somewhat rough shape so it is hard to compare directly to yours, but obviously originals with similar traits as yours exist.

Sorry thats not the definitive answer you were looking for but I hope it helps.

Dave
        Attached Files

Comment

And here is Detlevs...

The one Detlev sold a couple of weeks ago. A common type band.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dave,

thanks for your comments , luckily this cuff is not mine, was on sale in a auction some days ago.
            Probably with such a item just holding in your hands and comparing with a similar one, like the one in Gordon's book, would give a more definitive answer. Anyway in this case was not worthwhile to risk some money on a doubtful piece.

Cheers,
            Matteo

Comment

Take a look on the Association web page. There is an extensive article, with photos of cuffbands, that may help you.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/camp...tles/kreta.htm

URL to the page is above.
              CSP

sigpic

Comment

Another cuffband ...

Matteo,

Here are some photos of a Kreta cuffband in my collection. It is a rather rare, hand-embroidered type and came from the George Petersen collection. The detail is quite amazing.

Mike Heuer
                Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Another view.

Mike
                  Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

More detail.
                    Attached Files

Comment

And more.
                      Attached Files

Comment

And the last

The last photo of the reverse.

Mike
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike,

congrats, that's a very unusual but also very nice cuff!! Also the white cotton looks much finer than the normal one found on other cufftitles. Was it a private purchase?
                          Unfortunately the example I showed looks not that fine, if it is original is a variation I suppose.

Cheers,
                          Matteo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X