WWII Medalbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWII Medalbar

What do you guys think of this medal bar? At first I was a little skeptical of it - it seems that there was some inconsistent wear from one medal to the next. But if you look at all the images it appears that the wear is not as inconsistent as I once thought. I think it's nice in that it has all three "Flower Wars" medals (with Prague bar and that it has the tag of Friedr. Sedlatzek on the reverse.

Opinions?

Brian

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Very nice (without being at all an expert on medal bars).

Maybe the EKII is a replacement? What is that blue piece of material right above the ring?

Erich Craciun

Comment

All three "Flower Wars" medals with Prague Bar? Wow!

George
              George

Comment

too bad its missing the 4 year service medal.

Which brings up another point....or inconsistency.....what are all three flower war medals doing on a military set up to begin with?

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

I don't know squat on medalbars, but...

I am with Mark here. Wasn't there a discussion way back that concluded it would have been near impossible for someone to have been awarded, let alone eligible, for all three "Flower Campaign" awards?

On the service medal, could the 12 year medal have been replaced at some point for a missing 4 year medal? I understand it isn't appropriate, just asking if it is possible that someone might have put one on a ribbon missing the medallion? But then the eagle would have been replaced as well too(?)
                  Tim

Comment

"Flower Wars" medals

Himmler had all three on his bar. (But then, he was Himmler!)

George
                    George

Comment

And....

It looks like Heydrich has all three (and the Prague bar).

George
                      George

Comment

It was against MILITARY regs to have all three Flower war medals on a medal bar. Heydrich and Himmler were SS/SD, which would make them political, and not military.

The bar presented is a Luftwaffe bar.

--It should be mentioned that although regulations were in place for such things, we all know that they werent followed to the letter in every instance.

Also, I remember as a boy leafing through the pages of National Geographic and seeing pictures of old men wearing medal bars on their civilian cloths, obviously proud of their former military service. It isnt a stretch to imagine a serviceman-perhaps crippled-that wasnt active duty anymore, but wanted everyone to know he did his part, and had something like this made up for wear on his civilian clothes.

This however, still wouldnt explain the missing service medal, as in this scenario you would expect to see everything available on there.

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X