Wartime Medal and Unform Store (foto)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wartime Medal and Unform Store (foto)

Thought this photo might be interesting for some of you. This is a wartime photo of a medal shop. I can identify most of the awards, but some of them I cannot make out (I've marked them in red). I can even make out the Rumanian Anti Communist medal, so there must be a few foreign awards there also. (sorry..the scanner is just scanning 'big' tonight...)

Erich Craciun

Now that is a very interesting pic! A collectors wet dream

Very nice! Lots of Imperial and Freikorps era stuff. I like the 3rd Reich stuff as well. Any idea where and when it was taken?

Comment

very impressive

Hello,

Very impressive Picture => I like the opened cases with the KC and the oaks, etc ...

Thanks for sharing,
      my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Nice!

Let's see -- I'd like one of those, one of those, one of those, two of those....

George
        George

Comment

If only I could go back in time...............throw a brick through the window and get those RK's & EL's etc - just kidding

Nice picture.

Regards
          Phil

Comment

Hi

Ar.....do you have DKiG or Oakleave Swords in Diamond?

.......Out of stock!?

Cheers
            BP

Comment

The display method looks really nice too. Are thoes marble pillars holding up the giant EKs? Imagine have a nice big national flag as the backdrop. Looks very impressive.

Comment

Great picture, Erich!

Man, you sure come up with some wild stuff! Dont stop!

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Erich,

That is a really great photo!! Looks like from a magazine? Which one?

As for date, I can't see a DK, so pre Oct 1941. I don't think I can see any Oakleaves with swords so probably also pre mid-July 1941. The oakleaves date it as post June 1940 though.

It certainly makes me want to do a smash and grab, although getting caught back then probably would have turned very messy very quickly!!

Regards
                  Mike K
                  Regards
                  Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Sorry, that fuzzy all I get is:

In the left upright, the right cross in middle you've put in red is the Hamburg Hanseatic Cross

In the right upright, the left oval medal in red is the Westwall Medal.

They do seem to be a random assortment of things!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X